𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟑𝟏

The Volturi castle was buzzing with excitement. After weeks of meticulous planning, Aveline's coronation and wedding were finally upon them. The event was to be a grand celebration, a culmination of love, power, and unity. The halls of the castle were adorned with deep reds and blacks, the Volturi's signature colors, setting the tone for the momentous occasion.

Aveline stood in her quarters, gazing at her reflection in the mirror. The black and red tulle gown she had chosen with her mother, a masterpiece of elegance and regality, fit her perfectly. The dark fabric shimmered with hints of crimson, a striking contrast to her pale skin. Her diamond necklace sparkled against her collarbone, but she knew that soon it would be replaced by something even more significant. Her mother, stood behind her, finishing the last touches on her updo, an intricate arrangement of curls and pins that held her white hair in place.

"You look like the queen you were always meant to be," Heidi whispered, stepping back to admire her daughter.

Aveline smiled softly, her fingers brushing over the gown's delicate beading. "Thank you, Mama. For everything."

Heidi smiled, her eyes shimmering with pride and love. "I couldn't be prouder of you, Aveline. Today, you become not only a queen but a wife to the man who truly understands and loves you."

Athenadora and Sulpicia, her maids of honor, stood nearby, both dressed in gowns that matched the regal theme of the evening. They exchanged smiles with Aveline as she adjusted her gloves, preparing for the moment she would step into the grand hall.

"It's time," Sulpicia said softly, her tone carrying the weight of the moment.

Aveline's heart fluttered in her chest. She took a deep breath, steadying herself for the journey ahead. But as she prepared to take that first step, a memory flooded her mind—Marcus's proposal, the night that had changed everything.

It had been just a few days after their victory. The castle was still bustling with the aftershocks of the battle, but in the quiet of his private chambers, Marcus had prepared something entirely different.

Aveline had been surprised when Marcus led her to a secluded terrace overlooking the Volturi gardens. The moonlight bathed the area in a soft glow, and the air was filled with the delicate fragrance of night-blooming flowers. A small, round table was set for two, candles flickering gently in the cool evening breeze. Plates of her favorite foods sat untouched, as if the meal was merely a backdrop to what was truly important.

Her heart raced, though she couldn't quite explain why. Marcus, ever so attentive, had been unusually quiet, his eyes filled with something deeper than his usual calm adoration.

"Marcus, what's all this for?" she asked softly, her voice barely above a whisper as she took her seat.

He smiled, a soft, knowing smile that tugged at her heart. "For you, for our baby," he said, his voice velvety smooth. "For us."

As they dined, or rather as she dined, the conversation flowed easily, but there was an unspoken tension hanging in the air, a sense that something monumental was about to happen. When she finished eating, Marcus rose from his seat and came to her side, pulling her up gently.

"I wanted tonight to be special," he began, his hand brushing a stray lock of hair behind her ear. "To remind us that no matter the battles we face, this," he gestured between them and then to her small baby bump, "is what truly matters."

Aveline felt her breath catch in her throat. The way he looked at her, with a mixture of reverence and love, made her heart pound. But before she could say anything, Marcus slowly lowered himself to one knee, his eyes never leaving hers.