Seeders and Bearers

Important Notes

1 - Although this takes place in the Fire and Blood universe, I'm not sticking strictly to the events of the book and/or series. My goal is to write a fanfic focused on Jace and Aegon, and they'll be the main focus.

2 - Keep an open mind about certain characters. I know some of you love Alicent, Aemond, and even Otto, while others might hate Viserys I, Daemon, and Corlys. These characters might be portrayed differently than you expect, but everyone has two sides, and they can change over time. Please be patient and don't give up just because you think I'm making the Greens villains and the Blacks heroes. That's not my intention.

3 - The ages have been adjusted, but not the order. Alicent's kids were born in the same sequence as in the original, and so were Rhaenyra's, just with shorter gaps between them. (For example, in the book, Aegon is seven years older than Jacaerys; in the fic, they're only four years apart.)

4 - I'll give warnings for any potentially triggering topics. Sensitive themes like assault, parental neglect, domestic violence, sexual violence, murder, and others will be addressed.

5 - I'm still getting used to writing in the A Song of Ice and Fire universe, so apologies for any mistakes that might come up. I'll be keeping an eye out to fix them.

6 - I'm using AI to help me translate, but THAT'S MY WORK, I wrote it. I'm not plagiarizing/stealing.

The Gods know perfectly well which parents can receive the Seeders and which can receive the Bearers.

Viserys Targaryen, king for twenty-eight years, took two wives and many pregnancies before he was granted a seeder child. Throughout his marriage to his first wife, Queen Aemma, he prayed for a seeder, but received only a daughter, a bearer, two stillbirths, two interrupted pregnancies, and a baby who died in the cradle. His wife, so beloved by the common folk, seemed to be despised by the Mother. She took all of Aemma's children but Rhaenyra.

The Princess, firstborn of the King, the delight of the realm, was named heir. His other option was disastrous, and he truly believed Rhaenyra could be a good Queen one day. Aemma suffered so much to give him a son... She died trying. He let her die, let them cut open her stomach and forcibly take the child, who died shortly after. Viserys named Aemma's daughter heir to the Iron Throne because he did not love his wife enough in her final days, but he would love the part of her that remained with all his heart. Rhaenyra was the late Queen's greatest love.

In his second marriage, to the young Lady Alicent Hightower, it took two pregnancies to bring Aemond, his first Seeder son. Before him, there were Aegon and Helaena, both Bearers. It was said to be a shame that Viserys had named his second surviving son Aegon. The Conqueror was a strong alpha while Viserys' son was a frail and petulant omega.

But the King so dearly wished that this boy would be an alpha that he named him Aegon before knowing his nature, before the child was born and revealed himself to be an omega. He loved him nonetheless, for he was his second healthy baby after many losses. And Rhaenyra was heir anyways. Having a seeder child would prove to the lords that he was strong and could give the realm a knight, a warrior, an alpha! But Viserys could not. He had two wives and failed, so the problem must have been with him. That is what he thought at the time.

The King resigned himself. He tried to be content with what he had. He gave Rhaenyra a seat on the council and spent more time admiring her than listening to the lords. He tried to get closer to Aegon, which was difficult, but even so, he tried to spend some time with the boy. Viserys watched Helaena sleep many nights, admiring her beauty. He realized he had three healthy children, and that was all that mattered.