|| Chapter 3: Reyaansh's First Sight of Meera ||

The soft whisper of the wind carried the sweet fragrance of blooming flowers as the village of Rajasthan came alive with the colors of a new morning. The local temple stood tall, a humble structure bathed in the golden glow of the early sun, its walls adorned with intricate carvings of deities. Villagers moved about in reverent silence, tending to their daily rituals, while birds chirped in the background.

It was a special day in the village—the annual royal charity event organized by the Singh Rajvansh family. For years, the royal family had donated generously to the temple and the surrounding community, ensuring the villagers never went without food, water, or medical aid. And this year, for the first time, the young prince himself, Reyaansh Singh Rajvansh, was to make an appearance.

The anticipation in the air was palpable. Women rushed to prepare offerings, children rehearsed their dance performances, and the temple priests directed preparations. Amidst all the chaos, there was one figure who moved with quiet grace and focus—Meera Sharma.

With her head covered in a simple pink dupatta and her hands busy arranging freshly picked marigolds and jasmine at the temple's altar, Meera's world revolved around the small, sacred tasks she had assigned herself. She didn't care for the excitement surrounding the arrival of the royal heir. Royalty meant little to her; her devotion was to the gods, her family, and the life she had come to accept.

Reyaansh Arrives

The village roads, normally dusty and uneven, had been swept clean and adorned with flower petals, awaiting the royal entourage. Soon, the hum of vehicles was heard in the distance, and a procession of black cars approached. At the forefront was a sleek SUV, its windows tinted and its tires leaving behind a faint trail of dust.

Reyaansh Singh Rajvansh sat inside, watching the world outside with an air of detachment. At 26, he had already conquered much of the corporate world, helming Ascend Capital, a global giant in finance and business. His life was driven by ambition, power, and the relentless pursuit of success. Yet, beneath the exterior of a polished, composed prince was a man whose soul felt an emptiness he couldn't quite name.

Today, his family had urged him to attend this charity event in the village. His parents, Veer and Mrunali, had always valued tradition, and charity was a core part of their philosophy. Reyaansh, however, saw it as a mere obligation. A few donations, a few kind words, and he could return to the world where he truly belonged—boardrooms and private jets, surrounded by deals and contracts, not villagers and temples.

His car came to a halt at the foot of the temple, and his assistant quickly opened the door for him. Reyaansh stepped out, dressed in an ivory kurta that contrasted with his powerful, imposing presence. The crowd gathered around the temple gasped, some women whispering amongst themselves about how handsome the prince looked. He ignored the murmurs, his sharp eyes scanning the area with indifference.

The village elders greeted him with garlands and a formal welcome, and he responded with a courteous smile, but his mind was already wandering elsewhere. He didn't want to be here.

"Reyaansh beta, we are so honored by your presence," the head priest said, bowing slightly.

Reyaansh nodded, his attention shifting to the surroundings. His gaze fell on the temple courtyard, where a simple yet mesmerizing scene unfolded before him.

Amidst the flurry of activity, one figure stood out—a young woman, her face partially hidden by the folds of her dupatta as she carefully arranged flowers around the temple altar. Her movements were fluid, almost rhythmic, as if she were dancing in time with the gentle breeze that swept through the courtyard.