|| Chapter 7 : The Depth of a Heart's Realization ||

The sun was beginning to rise as Reyaansh Singh Rajvansh drove his car through the narrow roads that led to Meera Sharma's village. The early morning light bathed the landscape in a soft, golden glow, but Reyaansh's mind was far from serene. His thoughts were consumed by Meera—her quiet strength, her vulnerability, and the way her eyes had haunted him ever since their first encounter.

He had tried to keep his emotions in check, telling himself that his concern for her was born out of a desire to protect someone who was being mistreated by her family. But deep down, Reyaansh knew there was something more—a growing, undeniable pull that he could no longer ignore.

Today, he was going to talk to her, offer her a way out of the arranged marriage her family was forcing on her. He had to save her, not just from the man they wanted her to marry, but from the suffocating life she was trapped in.

As he approached the village, Reyaansh noticed something strange—a sleek black car parked near Meera's house. He frowned, his instincts immediately going on high alert. That wasn't the kind of car anyone in her modest village would drive.

Suddenly, his heart dropped.

Viren Malhotra.

Reyaansh's mind raced as he quickly pulled his own car to the side of the road, watching from a distance. He saw Viren Malhotra, the man Meera's family was trying to marry her off to, standing by the car. And then he saw her—Meera, standing with her arms wrapped around herself, her expression one of fear and helplessness. Viren was speaking to her, his body language aggressive and menacing.

Reyaansh's blood ran cold. He had heard rumors about Viren's unsavory dealings—money laundering, exploitation, and worse. But now, seeing him in person, the threat felt far more real.

And then, to Reyaansh's horror, Viren grabbed Meera's arm and pulled her toward the car. She tried to resist, her voice a desperate plea, but Viren silenced her with a sharp command. Without another word, he shoved her into the car and slammed the door.

Panic surged through Reyaansh. He had to do something. He couldn't let this happen.

Without a second thought, he started his car and followed them, keeping a safe distance as Viren's car sped away from the village and toward a more isolated area. Reyaansh's hands tightened around the steering wheel, his mind racing. He knew Viren had no good intentions. He was taking Meera somewhere secluded, somewhere where no one would hear her cries for help.

The thought made Reyaansh's chest tighten with rage. He had been too late to stop Viren from taking her, but he wouldn't be too late to save her. He couldn't be.

The Secluded Hideaway

Viren's car finally came to a stop in a desolate clearing surrounded by thick trees. The area was eerily quiet, with no sign of life except for the rustling of leaves in the wind. It was the perfect place for someone like Viren to carry out his vile plans without fear of interruption.

Reyaansh parked his car a safe distance away, careful not to alert Viren to his presence. He watched as Viren got out of the car and dragged Meera with him. She stumbled, trying to resist, but he was too strong. Reyaansh's heart clenched as he saw the fear in her eyes, the way she fought against Viren's grip.

The moment Reyaansh saw Viren push Meera up against a tree, something inside him snapped.

Without thinking, he jumped out of his car and sprinted toward them, his body moving on pure instinct.

"Get your hands off her!" Reyaansh roared, his voice filled with fury as he closed the distance between them.

Viren whipped around, surprised to see Reyaansh, but his expression quickly shifted into a sneer. "What the hell are you doing here, Rajvansh? This has nothing to do with you."