Chapter Four

The next morning, the soft light of dawn filtered through the curtains, gently waking Ingrid from a peaceful sleep. She stretched and yawned, feeling refreshed. The sense of anticipation from yesterday's interview still lingered, adding a subtle excitement to her morning routine.

After a quick shower, Ingrid dressed in a smart but casual outfit—an olive green blouse paired with dark jeans and comfortable flats. She opted for minimal makeup, letting her natural beauty shine through. She finished her look with a simple necklace and a watch that had sentimental value.

In the kitchen, she prepared a quick breakfast—oatmeal with fresh fruit and a cup of coffee. As she ate, she glanced at her phone, hoping for any updates or messages. To her surprise, she had a new email from Harrington & Co., marked urgent. Her heart skipped a beat as she opened it.

The email was from Lance's assistant, confirming that they would like to schedule a follow-up interview for the next week. Ingrid's excitement grew as she read through the details. It seemed the meeting had gone well, and they wanted to discuss further steps. She quickly replied to confirm the time and date, her fingers moving swiftly over the keyboard on her phone screen.

Feeling more optimistic, Ingrid finished her breakfast and prepared for the day ahead. She decided to visit the library where she worked part-time to catch up on some paperwork and do a bit of research for an upcoming project. It was a welcome change of pace from the high-stress environment of job hunting.

On her way out, her phone buzzed with a message from Indie.

Indie: "Morning! Any news from your interview? I'm so eager to hear more!"_

Ingrid grinned and replied.

Ingrid: "Good morning! Yes, I got an email about a follow-up interview. Looks like they're interested. I'll tell you all about it later!"_

Satisfied with the response, she headed out the door, enjoying the crisp morning air. The city was just beginning to wake up, and she relished the peaceful start to her day.

At the library, Ingrid immersed herself in her work. The familiar surroundings and the scent of old books were comforting. As she worked, she couldn't help but think about Lance and the potential of working with him. The prospect of becoming part of such a prestigious firm was both exhilarating and intimidating.

Later in the afternoon, Ingrid took a break and called Izabella to catch up. She answered on the first ring, her voice bright and cheerful.

"Hey, Izabella! How's your day going?" Ingrid asked.

"Hey! It's good. Just finishing up at this shit show of a photoshoot." Izabella mumbled under breath. "How about you? Did you get any news about the job?" Izabella's curiosity was evident.

Ingrid laughed softly. "Yes, I did! They want to have a follow-up interview. I'm really excited. It seems like things are moving in a positive direction."