Chapter 13: A Love Worth Fighting For

The following days felt like an endless blur for Alli. Despite Zildjian's reassurances, the pressure kept building. Everywhere he turned, he was faced with gossip, invasive questions, and subtle judgment. He had deleted most of his social media accounts to escape the relentless rumors, but even that wasn't enough to quiet the voices around him.

At school, whispers followed him down the hall. His classmates stared, no longer hiding their curiosity, and some were even brave enough to approach him.

"Is it true? Are you really dating Zildjian?" one girl asked, her eyes wide with excitement.

"Do you think you'll marry him someday?" another teased, though there was a hint of bitterness in her voice.

Alli's heart pounded in his chest as he forced a tight smile and quickly walked away, not wanting to engage. The questions, the rumors — they were suffocating. And the more they spread, the more he felt like the walls were closing in on him.

By the time Alli got home that afternoon, his anxiety had spiraled out of control. He collapsed onto his bed, his mind racing. He couldn't keep doing this. No matter how much he cared about Zildjian, the constant scrutiny was too much to handle.

I can't do this anymore, Alli thought, his chest tightening with dread. This is too big for me.

Alli's Breaking Point

Later that evening, as Alli sat alone in his room, his phone buzzed with a new message. He glanced down at the screen, and his heart sank when he saw another headline from a gossip site:

"Zildjian's Secret Boyfriend Revealed: Everything You Need to Know About the Mysterious Alli"

Alli's hands shook as he clicked on the link. The article was filled with speculation about their relationship, details about Alli's life that had somehow leaked to the media, and pictures of him from the concert. It was invasive, violating.

He felt exposed, like his entire world had been put on display for everyone to pick apart. And worst of all, it wasn't just affecting him — it was affecting Zildjian too. The article hinted at potential trouble for Zildjian's career, with some fans questioning whether he was focused on his music or his personal life.

Alli's heart sank as guilt gnawed at him. He had known this might happen, but seeing it in front of him made it all too real. The last thing he wanted was to be the reason Zildjian's career suffered. He cared too much about him to let that happen.

I need to end this, Alli thought, his chest aching with the weight of his decision. It's the only way to protect him.

The Decision to Step Back

Alli grabbed his phone and typed a message to Sunghoon, his fingers trembling as he hit send.

Alli: I need to talk to you. Can we meet at the park?

Zildjian's reply was almost immediate.

Zildjian: Of course. I'll be there in 20 minutes. Is everything okay?

Alli stared at the screen, his stomach twisting with anxiety. He didn't know how to answer that question — because no, everything wasn't okay. Nothing had been okay for a long time.

The Conversation with Zildjian

The park was quiet when Alli arrived, the sun slowly setting behind the trees, casting a soft orange glow over the benches. He sat down, his hands trembling in his lap as he waited for Zildjian. His mind raced with what he was about to say, and the weight of it felt like too much to bear.