Chapter 6

"Hello," A tired voice answered on the other end of the line. My thoughts were running in a thousand different directions. Should I just hang up and ignore this for the rest of the night? Call in sick or something? "Uh, if you're not gonna talk... I'm going to go back to sleep," His deep raspy voice mumbled. I played with his card that I was holding in my hand.

"J-Jonathan," I sobbed into the receiver and sunk deep into the couch and wiped my tears from my cheeks. Why am I doing this again?

"Huh? Ch-Christina? Is th-that you," His voice came through. He sounded fully awake and really surprised that I had actually called him. I don't know why I called him in the first place. I'm so stupid. I should hate him... But something is pulling me towards him.

"J-Jonathan," I started, "I-I'm s-so scared. I didn't know who to call. I hate storms... So much... Can you please...? Come over. I can't do this... Alone." I must sound so stupid right now.

He let out a large sigh on his side before whispering, "Yeah... I'll be right over. Hang tight... Do you want me to stay on the line with you?"

At first I nodded and then realized that he couldn't see me. My broken voice then mumbled, "Y-yes please."

"Are the lights on? You may feel better if the lights were on," His voice was soft and comforting as there was the sound of ruffling and rain on the other side of the line.

I reached over and turned the light on. There was another flash and a large bang outside. I nearly jumped 10 feet above the couch and let out a little sob. "Hey, hey, hang in there. I'll be up in about 10 seconds!" There was another flash and a bang... Multiple bangs. "Can you come and unlock the door?"

I shakily put my phone down and got up from the couch and walked over to the door; unlocking it. Then I pulled it opened. Jonathan was standing there with a worried look on his face and his hair was soaking wet. He stepped in and instantly wrapped his arms around me: pulling me in for a hug. I sobbed into his chest.

"I-I'm sorry for waking you up Jonathan. I-I'm just so scared.... Robby is... out of town and I've got no one. S-storms are jus-," I was cut off by a huge clash of thunder which nearly made me jump out of my skin.

"Shh, Shh, Shh, It's ok Christina... I'm here. You're okay now. I promise that you are," He whispered into my ear and rubbed calming circles on my back, "It's all okay."

Another clash of thunder came and my legs nearly gave out this time. Jonathan caught me, "Woah! Easy does it! Here, let's get you over to the couch now. We don't want you getting hurt." He swiftly kicked the door shut and lifted me off my feet as I now cried into his shoulder. Before I knew it I was sitting on my fluffy couch.

Jonathan then began to walk away. I gasped and begged, "Can... Can you please stay with me, please? I can't just sit here alone, Jonathan. Please don't."

Jonathan obliged and plopped down next to me. I leaned into him, placing my head on his chest, taking in his scent. It's just wonderful. Why did I not give him the slightest chance? I eventually cried myself to sleep with Jonathan stroking my hair softly, to keep me calm.

When I woke up I could hear slight snoring. I opened my eyes and noticed that I was snuggled into Jonathan. And... I kind of liked it. He was unbelievably warm. I snuggled in more and wrapped my arm around his torso, smiling. I few minutes later his arm that was around me moved. His breathing quickened before his deep voice mumbled, "Are you ok, Christina?" His voice made his chest vibrate.

"Yeah, better than ever actually," I replied cheerily, "Th-thank you for coming over Jonathan. I really appreciate you coming over." I sat up and looked down at him. He had a goofy little smile playing on his face. I've never given myself the chance to appreciate how handsome he really was. His jaw line was so defined, so hot.

"I-It's the least that I could do hun... I-I'm sorry if I ever made you unhappy," he whispered as he rubbed my back soothingly. I smiled back at him.

"No. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shut you out like I have been. But... Like I supposedly told you back in July.... I'm sick of being hurt and I tend to shut people out," I mumbled and let out a deep sigh.

He sat up and pulled me into a hug, "It's all ok Christina. I promise. You'll be ok... We'll be fine... That is if you let me past your walls..."

I nodded and smiled up at him, "Alright... But... Just... Can we please take it slow?"

"Of course we can Christina. However you want it Christina," He smiled brightly at me and his deep brown eyes showed pure happiness.

***

Thanks for reading everyone!!! Hope you enjoyed!

- JJ :)