Chapter 8

"I'm home," I said as I swung the apartment door opened.

"Hey Chrissy, aren't you going to dinner with Toews tonight," Robby asked from the couch as I came into the apartment with a bag of groceries that held my latest craving; chicken nuggets and pizza rolls.

"Actually no, he cancelled on me. They decided to all go out to a steak house for team bonding instead," I lied as I placed the stuff on the table before quickly ripping opened either package. I stuck the nuggets in the oven and the rolls in the microwave.

"Oh. Ok, that makes sense. I was surprised that they weren't doing more of it... especially since the season officially starts in like... 5 days," Robby replied as he stood up and walked over into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"Yeah. He said he was really sorry and that he'd make it up to me soon," I replied as I walked down the hall and into my bedroom: quickly changing.

"That's good. If I were you I would've been mad as hell. I remember when I had my first date the girl cancelled a good 2 hours before the date. I remember being so mad... But then I found out that she cancelled because she had to go see her grandmother in the hospital. I then got mad at myself for being mad at her," Robby shouted from the kitchen.

I laughed and walked out of my room, wearing pajamas, "I mean I was kinda upset at first." I can't believe I'm lying to him. "But, life goes on. He's a hockey player. Jonathan is a very busy man. Plus; because I am showing it'd be easier if the next time I saw him we were alone... Just in case anything does happen."

"That's a very good point Chrissy... I never thought about that... Hey! Can I have some of those," Robby questioned as the microwave beeped.

"Sure," I mumbled as I opened the microwave and pulled out the Pizza Rolls. I instantly took one and popped it into my mouth, not caring about it being as hot as lava. Robby did the same.

My phone dinged notifying me that I had a text. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that there was a text from... Of course... Jonathan.

7:22 10/4/13

Hey? Where are you? You're late!

- Jonathan

I quickly locked my phone and turned my attention back to the food in front of me. My phone then began to vibrate nonstop. I sighed and finished chewing my pizza roll before pulling out my phone and standing up from the table. "I'll be right back Robby. My mom is calling," I mumbled walking down the hall to my room and closing the door.

"Hello," I asked into the receiver.

"Christina! Where are you? I know you read my text," He mumbled into the phone, "We're all waiting for you!"

"Something suddenly came up," I replied as I sat down on my bed with a sigh.

Jonathan let out a frustrated growl and sharply said, "Fine. Then... Have a good night. I'll see you soon." His voice was as cold as ice. He sounded disappointed. Just before I was about to reply I had realized that he hung up.

I then stood up from the bed and headed back into the kitchen where Robby was pulling out my chicken nuggets. I happily put my phone back into my pocket and dug in.

*** Jonny's Point Of View***

"God damn it," I complained as I slammed my phone onto the ground. I ran my hands through my hair as groaned.

"Hey! To-ez! You ok in there," Sharpy's voice called from down the hall. Before I knew it he was knocking on my, opened, bedroom door. "Woah! Jonny! What's wrong with you!?! You're like pulling your hair out, man!"

"So, I uh... I called Christina... and she... she's like 'something suddenly came up'. Why the fuck doesn't she want to be around me at all?!!? Huh? Why? What is wrong with me," I asked desperately looking up at him.

Sharpy sat down on the bed next to me and put his arm around my broad shoulders laughing he informed me, "Dude... You just totally got lied to! Have you ever seen the Brady Bunch? Ohhh... This girl is a classic, Jonny!"

"W-What? You're not helping me any Patrick," I argued and jumped up. Why? Does she hate me again? What's wrong with me?

"Well, I can try to help you... I'll tell you this. Flower's aren't gonna fix it. Maybe you should just keep trying to make an effort to talk to her? And maybe after 5 times of getting shut down... Or your game goes to hell... Then you can blow up on her? You know where she works right? Maybe try to go see her there," Sharpy told me. He does have a good point. After all... He does have a wife... He has to know what he's doing.

I let out a sigh, "Alright. Thanks Sharpy." I squatted down and picked up my phone, clicking on Christina's contact. I went to text her:

7:35 10/4/13

Hey, sorry if I got too mad at you. Do you want to do lunch on Monday?

-Jonathan

I hit send before I could think about what I had just typed. Then I slid my phone into my pocket and went to join my guests.

"Hey guys, Christina cannot make it today... She's not feeling well," I informed as Sharpy and I walked into the living room.

"Oh, I'm sorry Jonny! We'll just have to meet her some other time," Abby Sharp informed as Patrick sat back down with her on my couch.

"Man you got stood up again?!?! Maybe you're too serious," Kaner joked and received a fist bump from Saad.

"Whatever... Now... Let's go eat now! I'm hungry!! Who else drinks wine," I asked as I walked into the kitchen. I hope no one. I need a whole bottle to myself right now.

***

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!! Thanks for reading!!!

- JJ :)