Chapter 2 - The Night of Temptations....

The night of the party arrived, and the air in Mumbai was thick with the promise of adventure. The glimmering skyline stretched across the horizon, the city vibrating with life, as the music thumped from the luxurious penthouse where the most anticipated party of the semester was in full swing. Neon lights illuminated the terrace, and the pulsing beat of a DJ's set reverberated in the air, setting the tone for a night that would be anything but ordinary.

Shaun Kapoor, with his unruly black hair tousled just enough to look effortlessly stylish, made his way through the crowd. Tonight, he was dressed to kill. He wore a fitted black blazer over a charcoal gray shirt with the top two buttons left casually undone, revealing just a hint of his muscular chest. The sleeves of his blazer were rolled up to his elbows, showcasing his toned forearms, and he paired it with tailored black jeans and leather boots that added a rugged edge to his otherwise sleek look. As always, Shaun looked like he owned the room, his confidence radiating with every step he took.

Sanya Mehta, walking beside him, was a vision of elegance and beauty. She'd spent hours getting ready, determined to make this night one to remember. Her midnight-blue cocktail dress clung to her curves in all the right places, the shimmering fabric catching the light every time she moved. It had a plunging neckline that was daring yet tasteful, showcasing just enough to make her feel sexy without crossing the line. The dress ended mid-thigh, revealing her long, toned legs, and she paired it with silver stiletto heels that added a few inches to her height, making her appear even more statuesque. Her hair, usually cascading in loose waves, was pinned up in a messy yet elegant bun, and delicate tendrils framed her face, drawing attention to her high cheekbones and full, red lips. She wore minimal jewelry—a pair of silver hoops and a thin bracelet that glittered every time she raised her glass.

As they entered the penthouse, all eyes turned toward them. Shaun's arm wrapped possessively around Sanya's waist, and the two looked every bit the power couple they were known to be. Yet, despite the warm smiles and greetings, Sanya couldn't shake the feeling of unease. She had seen the way other girls looked at Shaun, the way they lingered a little too long, their eyes full of longing and envy, and tonight was no different.

But tonight, one pair of eyes stood out more than the rest.

Aadhya stood at the edge of the party, partially hidden by the shadows, her drink clutched in her hand as she observed the couple. She wore a daring crimson dress that hugged her figure, the deep neckline plunging almost to her waist. The back was entirely open, with thin straps crisscrossing over her smooth, tanned skin, and the fabric flowed down to the floor, clinging to her hips in a way that left little to the imagination. Her long, jet-black hair fell in loose curls over her shoulders, and her almond-shaped eyes were accentuated with smoky makeup that made them seem almost hypnotic. As she watched Shaun and Sanya from across the room, her lips curled into a small, knowing smile.

She took a sip of her drink, her eyes never leaving Shaun, as if trying to memorize every detail of him. Aadhya had noticed Shaun the moment he stepped into the room—how could she not? He was magnetic, captivating, and the way he moved, the way he laughed, drew her in. But it wasn't just his looks or his confidence that intrigued her—it was the way he looked at Sanya, the way his eyes softened when he was with her, the way his hands lingered just a second longer when he touched her. It was as if he was entirely hers, and Aadhya found herself longing to be on the receiving end of that gaze, to feel that possessiveness, that attention.

Meanwhile, Shaun and Sanya made their way through the crowd, exchanging pleasantries with their friends, and Shaun kept stealing glances at her, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "You look amazing tonight," he whispered into her ear, his breath warm against her skin. "Like a goddess."

Sanya felt a shiver run down her spine, and she smiled up at him, her heart fluttering. "You don't look too bad yourself, Mr. Kapoor," she teased, running her fingers over the lapel of his blazer. "But I'm pretty sure you already know that."

He chuckled, leaning in to brush his lips against her cheek. "Maybe. But it sounds so much better coming from you."

As the night wore on, the party grew wilder. People danced to the thumping beats, laughter echoed from every corner, and the scent of expensive cologne, alcohol, and anticipation filled the air. Sanya excused herself to the restroom, and Shaun wandered off to grab another drink. As he made his way to the bar, he felt a set of eyes on him, and when he turned, he found himself staring directly into Aadhya's gaze.

There was something almost predatory about the way she looked at him, her eyes dark and inviting, her lips curving into a knowing smile. Shaun raised an eyebrow, intrigued. He wasn't one to shy away from attention, and there was something about this mysterious stranger that drew him in.

"Enjoying the party?" he asked, his tone casual but his eyes sharp.

Aadhya took a step closer, closing the gap between them, and Shaun couldn't help but notice the way her dress moved with her, as if it were a second skin. "I am now," she replied, her voice low and smooth, like honey. "And what about you, Shaun? Are you enjoying yourself?"

"How do you know my name?" Shaun asked, smirking as he took a sip of his drink.

Aadhya tilted her head, her eyes gleaming with amusement. "Everyone knows who you are," she said. "You're the guy every girl wants, aren't you?"

Shaun laughed, shaking his head. "I'm not sure about that," he replied. "But you've got me at a disadvantage. You know my name, but I don't know yours."

"Aadhya," she said, extending her hand. "Aadhya Verma."

"Well, Aadhya Verma," Shaun said, taking her hand in his, feeling the warmth of her skin. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure's all mine," she replied, her voice dropping to a whisper as she leaned in, her lips brushing against his ear. "I've been watching you all night, you know."

Shaun's pulse quickened, but before he could respond, Sanya returned, slipping her hand into his. "Hey," she said, smiling up at him. "Who's your friend?"

Shaun blinked, as if snapping out of a trance. "Sanya, this is Aadhya. Aadhya, this is my girlfriend, Sanya."

Aadhya's smile widened, and there was a flicker of something—disappointment, maybe?—in her eyes, but it disappeared as quickly as it had come. "Nice to meet you, Sanya," she said, extending her hand.

"Likewise," Sanya replied, her tone polite but guarded. She could feel the unspoken tension between Shaun and this new girl, and something about it made her stomach twist uncomfortably.

"I'll see you around," Aadhya said, her gaze lingering on Shaun for just a moment too long before she walked away, disappearing into the crowd.

Shaun watched her go, and when he turned back to Sanya, he found her studying him with narrowed eyes. "Who was that?" she asked, trying to keep her voice casual, though she couldn't quite hide the hint of jealousy creeping in.

"Just someone I met," Shaun said, shrugging as if it were no big deal. "Nothing to worry about."

But even as he said the words, even as he wrapped his arms around Sanya and pulled her close, he couldn't shake the feeling that this was far from over. Aadhya had left an impression, one that lingered, one that made him feel as if he were standing on the edge of something dangerous, something he couldn't quite put his finger on.

And as Aadhya stood at the other end of the terrace, watching them, her eyes dark and intent, she made a silent promise to herself.

Shaun Kapoor would be hers, no matter what it took.