Chapter 41

The moon bathed them in silver light, the air still and quiet except for the soft rustling of leaves. Lan Wangji's touch was gentle at first, his hands barely grazing Wei Wuxian's skin as he undid the belt holding his robes closed, letting the fabric fall away. His golden eyes were filled with a careful tenderness, as though he feared that one wrong move might shatter the fragile moment between them.

Wei Wuxian, however, was anything but fragile. His cheeks were flushed, whether from the alcohol or the intensity of the moment, and his lips curled into a mischievous smile. "Lan Zhan, you're so careful... I think you're afraid of breaking me," he teased, his voice a playful lilt. He let out a low, breathy laugh, one that sent a shiver down Lan Wangji's spine.

Lan Wangji's hands trembled slightly as they traced the line of Wei Wuxian's jaw before leaning in, kissing him slowly, savoring the softness of his lips. The kiss was deliberate, laced with tenderness, but Wei Wuxian wanted more. He pulled away, a teasing grin lighting up his face.

"Is that all?" Wei Wuxian slurred, leaning closer to brush his lips against Lan Wangji's ear. "What happened to the Lan Wangji who can't hold back anymore?" His finger traced down Wangji's chest and then without warning grabbed Lan Wangji where he had never been grabbed before.  In that instant he felt it swell up even bigger. "Maybe I should start calling you... gege?"

For a moment, Lan Wangji froze, his breath catching in his throat. The teasing in Wei Wuxian's voice sent a rush of heat through him, igniting the desire he had buried for so long. His grip tightened, and without warning, he kissed Wei Wuxian again, harder this time, biting his lips, drawing a few drops of blood, his restraint slipping away.

Wei Wuxian laughed into the kiss, his fingers trailing down Lan Wangji's chest. "Lan Zhan... you're always so serious," he whispered, his voice a blend of affection and teasing. But something else caught Wei Wuxian's eye—Lan Wangji's forehead ribbon, still tied neatly around his brow, a symbol of his restraint.

Wei Wuxian reached up, his fingers brushing the ribbon lightly, something he'd done  before when Lan Wangji allowed him into the most private part of his world. This time, however, the touch carried even more weight. His hand lingered, fingers caressing the silk that represented all the rules Lan Wangji had lived by.

Lan Wangji's breath hitched. His eyes closed the moment Wei Wuxian touched the ribbon, his body stilling under the weight of the moment. No one else had touched it except Wei Wuxian. The touch was sacred, a symbol of how close they had become, of the unspoken trust between them.

Wei Wuxian's mischievous grin softened as he let his fingers dance along the fabric. "You're letting me touch this again, Lan Zhan?" His voice was quieter now, a gentle tone that held understanding.

Lan Wangji opened his eyes slowly, his golden gaze filled with an emotion that made Wei Wuxian's breath hitch. "Only you," he whispered, his voice barely audible but heavy with meaning.

Wei Wuxian's heart swelled, and he cupped Lan Wangji's cheek, pulling him into another kiss, slow and deliberate, savoring the connection. This kiss wasn't about teasing—it was filled with love, trust, and the unspoken bond they shared. Lan Wangji, feeling Wei Wuxian's gentle yet meaningful touch, allowed himself to lean into it, the weight of his restraint beginning to melt away.

Lan Wangji trailed soft kisses down Wei Wuxian's jaw to his collarbone, his lips lingering on every mark, every faded scar. Each one told a story of pain, and Lan Wangji wanted nothing more than to rewrite them all with gentler memories. He kissed each scar as if trying to erase the hurt that had left them behind, and Wei Wuxian moaned softly with each tender touch. His eyes then landed on the two pink buds on his lover's chest and licked his lips before taking one in his mouth and nibbling on it gently. With his hand he teased the other one.