Prologue - The Beginning.

In the beginning, there was nothing but darkness everywhere. Suddenly, two beings emerged: The Light and The Dark. The Light was the creator, the manifestation of life, kindness, peace, love, and nature's qualities of good. The Dark, on the other hand, was destruction itself, manifesting death, hatred, war, envy, pride, and the negativities of life. Once, they decided to create a Cycle, a period of time involving the life and death of a story, the birth and death of time itself, or a cycle of creation and destruction.

Their first creation was a waste; the Cycle did not unfold as they had envisioned. The Light would create life, only for the Dark to consume it eventually. The Dark would destroy life, and the Light would reconstruct it. This repetitive pattern sparked discontent within The Light. "You cannot keep destroying my creations, Dark!" it exclaimed. "Everything must be destroyed; everything must end at some point, Light!" the Dark retorted. "If this continues, we will not be able to create a single cycle. One of us must go!" The Light declared.

The argument would ultimately create the first perfect cycle. The Light summoned a huge army to face the Dark. The Dark corrupted half of The Light's army, creating its own legion of undead beings. "Let us commence!" The Light commanded. "Begin your assault, my Deathlings!" the Dark ordered. Every attack The Light launched was nullified by the Dark. The Dark's attacks were reconstructed and turned against it. The unlimited cycle of life and death took place. No one died while no one lived at the same time.

The battle raged on until The Light and The Dark grasped each other's necks. "This cannot keep happening. This is getting out of hand!" The Light pleaded. "One must fall, so the other can rise!" The Dark bellowed. Unbeknownst to them, their proximity would create something new. Their physical bodies began merging. "What's happening? No! We're merging!" The Light cried out. "No! Impossible! This is not the end!" The Dark yelled. As they merged, a new being was born: The Singularity.

The all-powerful entity, now manifesting both The Light and The Dark, came into existence. The army vanished. What The Singularity did not know was that, while merging, a fragment of its power was lost. The Singularity began creating a new Cycle, this time with life and death in its own hands. The Singularity was considered God. The Cycle brought life and created infinite universes, realms, and dimensions. The World Engine was created, hosting five celestial beings: Chronos, Keeper of Time; Solaris, Ruler of Space; Legion, Weaver of Reality; Cerebro, Shaper of Thoughts; and Khaos, The Dark Dream walker.

These beings-controlled Time, Space, Reality, Mind, and subconscious Fear. Finally, Codex, Commander of the World Engine, was created. The World Engine was dispersed. The fragment of power, consisting of Light and Dark matter, eventually landed on planet Earth. This power burrowed into an early human and was passed down through generations without awakening, lying dormant. A nuclear war engulfed the planet, rendering Earth uninhabitable. Humans relocated to another binary star system in another galaxy, calling it G.A.I.A, the future of humanity.

The habitable planet, G.A.I.A Prime, was populated. The power was split apart when Johnathan Nightingale and Emma Nightingale had two children, Jake and then Yuna, seven years later. Dark Matter embedded itself into Jake, while Light Matter infused Yuna. This spiked the fragment's energy, alerting The Singularity. The Singularity decided not to enter the Cycle, fearing destruction of the ongoing Cycle. The Angels and Devils created by The Singularity suggested retrieving the fragment by sending their own creations. "We shall see," The Singularity said, looking at the Cycle.

THE STORY BEGINS.