A TASTE FOR RECKLESSNESS

As Roxanne placed the plate in the sink, she flinched slightly, startled when Selene's arm slipped around her waist from behind. The sudden closeness sent a shiver through her, her skin reacting to the warmth of Selene's presence. "Are you trying to seduce me?" Roxanne teased, her voice soft but edged with anticipation, as Selene's lips began tracing delicate kisses along her bare shoulder. Each peck left a trail of goosebumps in its wake.

"Mhm," Selene hummed against her skin, her voice low and intimate. Her fingers drifted downward, lightly brushing the hem of Roxanne's dress, tugging at it just enough to make Roxanne's breath hitch.

Roxanne's heart raced, her pulse quickening with every touch, every silent beat between them. The air felt charged, like the fluttering butterflies inside her were mirrored in the quiet electricity of the room. Slowly, she turned to face Selene, her eyes locking with hers, the unspoken desire between them undeniable.

Without a word, Selene leaned in, her lips brushing against Roxanne's in a kiss that was tender but filled with a growing intensity. The gentle pressure of Selene's mouth made Roxanne feel weightless, her breath caught in the moment. The kiss deepened naturally, slowly, their movements synchronized in a rhythm they hadn't planned but felt inevitable.

Roxanne melted into the kiss, her hands finding their way to Selene's shoulders, pulling her closer as her body responded to the soft, intoxicating sensation of Selene's lips. It was more than just a kiss—it was the crossing of a threshold, a new level of intimacy unfolding between them, each touch building the unspoken connection they'd both been dancing around.

Lowering her hands, Selene effortlessly lifted Roxanne and placed her on the counter, her movements fluid as Roxanne instinctively wrapped her legs around Selene's hips. The kiss quickly deepened, growing more urgent with each second, their lips clinging to one another as if they were trying to communicate something that words couldn't capture. Each breath they shared felt vital, their bodies desperate for connection, for the release of tension that had been simmering between them all evening.

Then, a sharp ring cut through the moment, a persistent sound growing louder from Roxanne's bag, forcing its way into the air. They tried to ignore it, but the longer it went on, the harder it was to deny.

"I'm so sorry—must be important," Roxanne breathed as she reluctantly pulled away, the absence of Selene's warmth leaving a chill in the space between them.

Sliding off the counter, Roxanne rushed toward her bag, fumbling to grab the phone. "Yeah, Maria," she answered, her voice tinged with disappointment.

Selene stood quietly, folding her arms across her chest as she watched Roxanne, her lips still tingling from the interrupted kiss. The sudden shift in mood lingered in the room, like a string left dangling, waiting to be tied up again.

"Now? I'm kinda busy," Roxanne murmured into the phone, casting a sheepish glance at Selene, her guilt palpable.

"No, I'm with someone," she added, her voice quieter this time, as if Selene's eyes on her made the conversation more difficult to manage. "I can't bring them with me, Maria—wait, who?" Roxanne's tone shifted suddenly, excitement and intrigue flashing across her face.

Selene's brow furrowed, the unease of being excluded gnawing at her, the tension from moments earlier now replaced with a quiet sense of being on the outside of something.

"Keep him there, we're coming," Roxanne confirmed, ending the call with a quick, decisive motion.

Roxanne turned back to Selene, the air thick with unspoken questions. "Will you go out with me? There's this new club that just opened up," Roxanne asked, her voice laced with hesitation as she approached Selene, her expression tentative, knowing this was a risk.