Night 1: The Breakups

The rain poured relentlessly against the window, blurring the world outside into a watery haze. Mew sat on the edge of his bed, staring at his phone, the harsh glow illuminating the dark room around him. His heart felt heavy in his chest, a dull ache that wouldn't subside. Just a week ago, he had been in love, or at least he thought he was. Now, all that was left were memories of laughter and affection, twisted into betrayal.

He remembered how Nim, his partner of three years, had looked at him as they sat on the couch, fingers intertwined. It felt so simple then. But everything had changed the moment Mew found the messages—flirtatious texts exchanged with another man that he could never unsee. He felt like an intruder in his own relationship, as if he had stumbled into a life that wasn't truly his.

"Why didn't I see it?" he whispered to himself, the words heavy with regret. The self-doubt crept in, gnawing at his confidence. Mew had always prided himself on being perceptive, but Nim had played the role of the devoted partner perfectly until the very end.

With a frustrated sigh, Mew tossed his phone onto the bed and stood up. He needed to get out of the apartment. The walls felt like they were closing in on him, suffocating him with reminders of what had been. He quickly dressed in a casual black shirt and jeans, hoping the night would provide a distraction from his heartache.

Meanwhile, across town, Tul was grappling with his own emotional storm. His recent breakup had been just as devastating, albeit different in nature. His partner, Ploy, had expressed a need for space, claiming they were moving too fast. Tul had poured his heart into the relationship, but now he felt hollow, abandoned by someone he thought understood him completely.

Sitting at the bar, Tul absentmindedly stirred his drink, the ice clinking against the glass. The dim lighting cast a warm glow over the patrons, but it only amplified the chill settling in his bones. He tried to drown his thoughts in whiskey, hoping to find some clarity among the haze of alcohol. Instead, he felt even more isolated, a ghost in a crowd of laughter and camaraderie.

As the night wore on, both Mew and Tul found themselves in the same bar, drawn to the ambiance of music and muted conversations. Mew entered the bar on impulse, his heart still heavy with sorrow. He ordered a drink, the familiar burn of alcohol offering a temporary reprieve from his pain. He took a seat in a dark corner, nursing his drink and trying to blend into the shadows.

Tul noticed him immediately. There was something about the way Mew held himself, the vulnerability that radiated from him. It stirred something within Tul, reminding him of his own grief. He hesitated, but the loneliness was palpable, and he found himself wandering over to Mew's table.

"Mind if I join you?" Tul asked, forcing a smile, though he felt just as lost as Mew looked.

"Sure," Mew replied, his voice soft but heavy with melancholy. He gestured to the empty chair across from him, unsure if this was a good idea or another mistake.

They exchanged small talk at first, a gentle dance around their pain. Mew spoke of his broken relationship in vague terms, careful not to reveal too much. Tul did the same, avoiding specifics about Ploy. Instead, they bonded over their mutual dislike for the bitter taste of heartbreak.

"I thought love was supposed to be easy," Mew said, taking a sip of his drink, a hint of vulnerability in his voice.

Tul nodded, the familiarity of the sentiment striking a chord within him. "I thought I found someone who understood me," he confessed, a note of sadness lacing his words. "Turns out, I was wrong."

As the hours passed, the conversation flowed more easily, fueled by the alcohol and their shared experiences. They shared laughs, stories, and a sense of camaraderie that felt rare in their moments of solitude. In that dimly lit bar, surrounded by strangers, they began to find solace in each other.

The chemistry crackled like electricity in the air. Mew glanced at Tul, and their eyes met, lingering longer than necessary. An unspoken understanding passed between them, igniting a spark that neither could ignore.

"Do you believe in one-night stands?" Mew asked, half-jokingly, though a part of him craved the intimacy that came with such a connection.

Tul raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Depends on the context," he replied, a teasing smile playing on his lips. "What are you thinking?"

The air between them grew heavy with tension. Mew felt a rush of heat wash over him, the idea of seeking comfort in the arms of someone new suddenly appealing. The walls he had built around his heart began to crumble, if only for a moment.

Without thinking, Mew leaned forward, his voice barely above a whisper. "Maybe tonight we could forget... just for a little while?"

Tul's heart raced at the suggestion. He could see the pain behind Mew's eyes and felt a connection that went beyond their shared heartbreak. "Let's do it," he said, his voice steady despite the whirlwind of emotions coursing through him.

They left the bar together, a silent agreement hanging in the air. Their hearts were still aching, but they were both willing to take a risk, if only to escape the shadows of their pasts. That night, two broken souls would find a moment of intimacy, a fleeting comfort in each other's embrace, unaware that this encounter would change everything.