Chapter 9 - Blaise

I look down the big dining table to where the princess should be sitting, but she has not arrived as of yet. Chris sits across from me and he is playing with the utensils, looking at his reflection in the large spoons. Etiquette time went better than I expected, Chris was great and he definitely showed all those men up. Chris flings a spoon by accident across the large room and he laughs as he runs to get it. Suddenly the big doors open to the room and Sylvanna walks in with her hands in front of her. she smiles and sits down, signalling Chris to sit as well. "where's the princess?" I ask because she usually comes in before Sylvanna all the time. "Your Majesty won't be attending tonights feast." I frown and open my mouth to ask why but Chris is one step ahead of me, "she isn't feeling well, she fell over and hurt her head" Sylvanna says and Chris gasps "oh n-no! is she alr-right?!" Sylvanna nods and the food arrives soon after. All throughout dinner we sat in silence eating slowly. time seemed to drag on when the princess wasn't here to be entertaining. After desert was served the big doors opened and miss Odessa herself strided through. "ah look who's finally here" I say opening my arms and bowing welcomingly. she keeps her head turned from me and doesn't acknowledge my existence as she sits down across from chris, right next to me. "how was etiquette time Chris?" she asks and Chris's eyes start to shine, he has been waiting all day to tell her about how he showed them all how its done. I sit there playing with my food a bit because to be completely honest, this conversation has gotten boring way too quick. After what seemed like years of babbling Chris looks across to me and he waves a hand to snap me out of whatever fairy land I had left to. He smiles when I look at him and he starts speaking, "B, tell Dessie h-how you went today!" "why don't you tell her?" Chris beams as he nods and starts talking about how their day went. I look at the side of her head slightly, and i notice the bandage across her head for the first time. "what happened here?" I say pointing to her head, she slaps me away.

STILL WRITING!!!