Chapter 6

"So who left my wife so horny and bothered?" He asked pouring himself a drink. She wrapped the robe around her body.

"Where have you been? It's been two weeks and you chose to come home now? Do you know how hard time I'm having handling mine and your business. You can't run away from your responsibilities just like that" she yelled at him.

Damon only rolled his eyes and finished his drink. He pulled something out of his pocket probably a cheque book. "Here" he signed it. And threw it on the table. "Take the blank cheque and do whatever you want to do." He said. Elena took it and tore it up.

"I don't need your money." She screamed. He laughed. "Last I checked, you married me because of my money." He smirked.

Elena walked faster and slapped him right in the face and made him stumble few steps back. He laughed hysterically.

"Truth hurts?" He asked. Elena fumed in anger more, ready to slap him again but this time he caught her hand. He twisted his wrist, she groaned in pain.

"Listen, you bitch. You're not my perfect wife, neither I'm your perfect loving husband. What we have is a deal and I paid good amount of money to your family so that they don't beg in the street. Being married to me is your price to pay your debts. If I ever see you, raise your voice at me... I'll bury you in this fucking house and burn it down, got it" he said, yanking her hand. She cried in pain as she gave him her best death glare but he walked up the stairs.

"Hey, baby" Stefan said softly as he bent down. Caroline stayed silent, looking down. "I did something wrong  today and I...." He said softly, completely embarrassed. He felt so disturbed. His wife didn't deserve it but also she would never know and it wouldn't even matter to her, not then, not anymore.

He sighed but he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. "I love you, I'll always love you" this time Caroline looked at him. She had tears on her eyes which was rare. Did she sense something! Was she hurt? Did he willingly hurt her? Stefan closed hus eyes.

His phone dinged. He got a message from the community of the neighborhood. There was a small get together. He huffed. These people really loved to throw party for no reason. He put the phone aside. If he went there, he'd get to see Elena and what they did... It wouldn't be a good idea to see each other. They left things in awkwardness.

Anyways, he needed to attend if he were going to stick in the neighborhood for long.