Hunger

Ache. Vacancy. A hole that will never heal. An opening that'll never stay shut. An insatiable craving to be satisfied.

It started with me getting up in the middle of the night to grab something from the fridge. A snack or two. Maybe some milk to chase it all down. I still wasn't satisfied by the end of it. Even with every hardy meal I had in the day, everything I'd baked, it wasn't ever enough. But I didn't want to eat everything in the house, so I went out. Against the rules of 'Lights Out' protocol. Maybe by some slim chance, there was something open. A place I could buy, but it was only wishful thinking. And the hunger was starting to take over my thoughts, too.

Keeping my head on a swivel, I looked around in wait. Darkness, some areas illuminated by red. I eventually found someone, someone else breaking the rule. A... Scraps. Just what was she doing? What was she after? I don't know, but I felt the strong urge to go after her.

Cautiously, I let it lead me to her. She noticed me, a quick glance over the shoulder. "...Hey!"

"Oh-uhm, h-hi!" I quickly wipe my drool and stand upright. The hell? Drool??

"I was worried there for a sec that I'd been caught or something," Scraps laughed with a sign, "You out getting some fresh air, too?" She turns away from me, holding herself in her arms. Her body (literally) paper thin, and tail swaying below her. Ears flicking with the cool air. "I always feel so cramped in those rooms back there, so I sneak out... Sometimes. Just to get away from it all, you know? Sorry- I don't even know why I'm telling you all this."

Listening, I scratch my head. I get the feeling. Being put in a box 24/7 does certainly not feel the greatest. "Yeah. Yeah, no, I... totally get that."

"There's a full moon today," She lifts from her heels, answering my question to where she was looking. Up. Right, the open roof sealed by glass. My attention returns to her, though. Her body. She's made of paper, isn't she? Wouldn't it just be so easy to... "Welp, I'm going to sleep for the night. Seeya around. Maybe. I'm a classic Toon, so there isn't much to go off of."

"Yeah, y-yeah. Good talk," I glance at the moon again, then back to the floor as she walks past me. I don't want to ask, but perhaps she'll be back tomorrow. And again, I go back to bed. Moving the covers and huddling up next to Cosmo, I'm still left hungry.

But why? Why was I so fixated? The urge? I'm not twisting, am I? Am I? No, I'm perfectly fine. Perfectly fine. Perfectly fine~

My stomach won't stop groaning.