First Bite

Up, again. At night. Is she here? Yes, she is. Scraps looking at the stars. I'm not going to hesitate this time. Her ears flick, "Oh, hey... Sprout? It's pretty hard to tell, but you're tall!"

"You got me all right. Yeah..." I answer, waiting for her to turn her back. Curious, salivating.

She starts, "Astro may have been onto something..."

I respond, inching closer. The hesitation in my step, "Well, yeah. Pretty sure his whole thing is the stars and junk. You should definitely check out one of his spas cause the dude knows how to RELAX..."

"Oh, absolutely! I had a girls' night at one of them," Scraps turned around excitedly, stopping me dead in my tracks. It seems she hadn't noticed our distance just yet. "I even took my little brother up there one time. Just go up there with a week off ahead of you? Whoof, I'm telling you, they know their stuff!"

"That's certainly our Astro!" This conversation is dragging on too long. I need to know. I need to know, I need to...

It tore. So easily. So delicate. Pain riveting across her face. We both stand in shock at what I'd just done, her screaming. Holding where her arm should've been, she yelled, "Ughk-... What the HELL is wrong with you?!"

"W-wait, I didn't-I didn't mean to-... Wait, I-" I duck the oncoming swing of her tail snapping at me, dropping her arm as it flutters to the ground. Her hand acting as a paperweight. "I'm sorry!! Just please- Stop screaming! I-I can fix it!" She keeps backing away from me, her eyes ready to fight, but her movements suggest the need to flee. Hissing, "GET AWAY FROM ME!"

Her tail snaps again, but I grab it. Pulling her toward me, covering her mouth as I thrust her against a nearby wall. Her tail twitching and squirming in my hand, "Please, please, please, please, please... Shhhhh." I'm stuck wondering what I should do, her panicked movements beneath me. With quick thinking, her tails comes undone, and the very thing there to protect her becomes her undoing. Tightening around her neck, her body twitching and struggling, "I-I'm, I'm sorry..."

When she finally stops moving, I let her body flutter to the ground. She isn't dead yet, so I know that much, but my mouth is still watering. My eye twitching from the stress. Still in shock. What do I do? What have I done? What do I want to do? I return to where I dropped her hand. I can't help it. Lick. Bite. Crunch. It reminds me of wafer paper, how it dissolves on my tongue. Black. Her hand itself reminiscences of plastic. If only it had the consistency of cake. Then her. Before, I couldn't stand to look at her, but a taste gave me a different perspective. Enlightenment. I tear bit by bit, her mouth so she can't scream. Picking off her ears and limbs, she's awake. She's awake but struggling, nothing but a sad and pained look in her eyes as I feast. "I'm s-sorry... Heh, *hic* Hehe." I like it. I like that. That resentful and defeated look on her face. I'm fine. I'm perfectly normal. She eventually can't hold her form any longer, dissolving into ichor. Black. I've never been so satisfied.

I wipe and lick my face, my tears to go with it, and return to my quarter. What have I done?