15 -Emma

Present

I wake up to the smell of fresh coffee, and, ooh, Jake's amazing grilled cheese. Ever since we made up after his mom called me to talk to him about Richard, mornings have felt different—warmer, more connected. I stretch and slip out of bed, my feet finding my comfy slippers. The aroma of breakfast pulls me towards the kitchen.

There he is, standing by the stove, focused on flipping the perfect grilled cheese. I can't help but smile as I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head on his back. "Good morning, love," I murmur, feeling the warmth of his body against mine.

I just melt into him as he calls me love.

Jake turns around, a grin spreading across his face. "Good morning, beautiful," he replies, leaning down to kiss me. Our lips meet, and for a moment, everything else fades away. We lose ourselves in the kiss, the world outside our little bubble forgotten.

Suddenly, the smell of something burning pulls us back to reality. "The sandwich!" I exclaim, pulling away and laughing as Jake quickly turns back to the stove.

He flips the sandwich, revealing a slightly charred side. "Oops," he says with a sheepish grin. "Guess we got a bit distracted."

I laugh, giving him a playful nudge. "It's okay. I think it adds character."

Jake chuckles, pulling me back into a hug. "I love you, Emma."

"I love you too, Jake," I reply, feeling a sense of contentment wash over me. Even with a slightly burnt sandwich, this morning feels perfect.

I laugh, giving him a playful nudge. "It's okay. I think it adds character."

Jake chuckles, pulling me back into a hug. "I love you, Emma."

"I love you too, Jake," I reply, feeling a sense of contentment wash over me. Even with a slightly burnt sandwich, this morning feels perfect.

As I watch him, I can't help but think how much I adore 'chef' Jake and how hot he looks when he's cooking. There's something incredibly attractive about seeing him in the kitchen, focused and in his element. While I'm busy eating him with my eyes, he catches my gaze and smirks, leaning in to give me a kiss.

"I'll be leaving for Stevensville tonight," he says softly. "I got you a ticket to come with me on the same plane. It's refundable in case you can't make it."

I sigh, feeling a pang of regret. "I can't go today, Jake. But I'll wrap up work in a week or so and join you."

Later that day, I drop Jake off at the airport. We share a lingering kiss, neither of us wanting to part. "I'll miss you, my sexy man," I whisper, my heart heavy.

"I'll miss you too," he replies, giving me one last hug before heading inside.

I drive back to work, with butterflies in my stomach, and determination to finish up my work early this week so that I can reunite with him again. It's been just a few hours since I dropped him off.

Follow @daisiesonthecover on Instagram for character introductions and spoilers <33

Please vote for each chapter after you read, it'll really help my book's rating and stats.

Share the book if you like it!

TYSM <3