Chapter 48

Seeing the Owlbear fall to the ground, I let go of the knives I was holding and fell on the ground as well.

I chuckled as it was finally dead.

Laying my back on the ground, arms and legs sprawled out, I immediately felt the exhaustion and injuries getting to me.

"Ughhh..."

Groaning in pain, my body could not move, or maybe I just refused to move. I was starting to have regrets about fighting that thing, but I could say that it was an amazing fight.

Blood started to come out of my wounds from my left side and back. It looks like they reopened; should I have let it fully close before I fought the Owlbear?

It hurts too much to use a health potion. Lucia, Wendy, and Alex were still alive and well with barely any injuries; I should ask them, maybe not Lucia since she is still mad at me.

My smile was put away, and I was back to my normal expressionless self. With the little energy I could spare, I called out to them.

"Hey... Could one of you give me a health potion?"

Moving my eyes to look at them, they began muttering to each other in a circle like they were passing on something they really didn't want to do, like kids. I was too exhausted and in too much pain to care to hear, so I said.

"Could you hurry it up? I'm bleeding out right now."

"Right."

Alex, after being pushed by Lucia and Wendy, approached me slowly, and I was thinking to myself, can you hurry up?

Opening a health potion, he pours it over the gashes across my left side and back, then lets me drink the rest, which was hell because it was the worst thing I ever tasted.

Does a higher-ranking health potion equate to how bad it tastes?

After some time for my wounds to heal, Alice, Chelsie, and Maria woke up after being strangled by the vines.

Alex filled them in and told them I had defeated the Owlbear, and they asked why they let me fight that thing alone. Alex, Wendy, and Lucia gave a complicated expression that had some fear in it, said you won't believe us, and left it just that, refusing to clarify any further.

Sitting by the walls of the boss room, I was sipping a stamina potion that suspiciously tasted like an energy drink that Maria gave me when Alice approached me.

"Thank you again for saving us. I guess I owe you twice now."

"You could say that."

"Is there anything I could do?"

Thinking about it, I said yeah. Alice seemed really happy about my response and asked what it was.

"You remember about my past, right?"

"Yes."

"I was thinking about buying a house or apartment in Acton for a while now since I am running out of space at my inn."

"What do you need me to do?"

"Could you wear your dress to help me sell the jewelry I had taken with me when I ran away and help me buy a house or apartment with the money since, you know, it would be suspicious for a random commoner to have such things?"

Hearing my request, Alice nodded with a yes, happy that she could return the favor.

"When do you want to do it?"

"In 2 days, I'm exhausted from the boss fight and want a day to rest."

"Got it."

After our conversation and everyone was somewhat rested, we went through the doors to the 3rd stratum.