~Chapter 5~

"We're almost there, baby girl."

Plastic Beach. I was almost there. I could rescue 2D. I know I should save Murdoc, but he doesn't deserve it. I can never forgive what he tried to do to me. He almost killed me. And when he hears I'm dead, he makes another me? And a heartless, killer bodyguard me nonetheless.

As we get closer and closer to the lone island, I think about how 2D will react to the new me. The last time he saw me I was sixteen, and now I'm almost twenty-one. Now that I think of it, how am I gonna get him out of there? That cyborg is probably guarding the whole place, and most likely keeping him from leaving. What am I gonna do about that... thing... Shooting it might work. I mean, knowing Murdoc, it's probably not that stable. Heh. It probably malfunctions more than it works. Russel would've made one better than Murdoc ever could. But Russel would never do that.

*****

"We're here."

Russel takes me gently in his hand and sets me down on the warm sandy beach. "I'll only be a few minutes. If I'm not back here in ten, just go home without me." I reload my tommy gun and put some fresh rounds in one of my dress pockets. "No," Russel says sternly "I'm not leaving here without you and D on my back. If you aren't out in five, then Murdoc is gettin one hell of a beatin." I smiled at him warmly, and kissed his giant cheek. "Wish me luck."

*****

I shiver as I hide from the whale in the corner of my room by the port hole window. I haven't seen it in a while. Hope it dropped dead. Or maybe floated dead...? I dunno. Not only is the whale bothering me, as usual, but Murdoc put the stupid cyborg in my room to watch me. He thinks I can't be trusted on my own? I'm a grown man! I've lived alone before, and I've been just fine!

"You are being a big baby."

I look over to it sitting there staring at me with a blank expression. I can only see one of it's eyes since the hole in her head parts her bangs.

"Who you callin a baby?"

"You."

"Ugh. Wha'eva."

*****

I sneak in the entrance pretty easily. I haven't seen the cyborg yet. But it could be patrolling the halls. There's a small man in a white tuxedo in the lift. "The lift. The lift, boss." Boss?

Ignoring him, I run up a large flight of stairs to check for 2D's room. Instead, I slide the metal door to find a large control room filled with security feeds, and a large chair in front of it. The chair swings around to reviel...

"Murdoc..."