~Chapter 1~

I woke with a start to find myself in my room on the cruise ship I had boarded to hopefully get close enough to Plastic Beach. I sat up and saw a magazine on the floor. I picked it up and saw the grotesque images of women on the inside then quickly shoved it aside and folded my hands on my legs. My cat mask was hiding the look of shock and horror I wore on my face.

The boat violently rocked as I heard the sound of an explosion, then another. My room door slightly opened as one of the ship's butlers peeked in with a very worried look on their face. 'We're under attack, aren't we?' I thought. "Madame," he spoke. "The ship is under attack by pirates. I've been sent to escort you to the life boats." 'I knew it.'

I sat up and went over to the desk and pulled out one of my suitcases I had brought along. "Madame?" The butler said confused. I clicked it open and put my gun together. Did you really think I wouldn't have brought a weapon? If you didn't know this, a lot of people want me dead. Why? Cause I'm the only survivor of a top secret Japanese government experiment that went wrong. I was test subject number 23, and that number haunts me to this day.

"Oh dear..."

I started shooting. Not blindly, of course, but still shooting. I didn't want to do this. I don't like causing pain. But I have to. I'm not going to die. Not again.

I shot a pirate plain down and it crashed into the ocean. I was doing fine until they dropped a bomb. That's when I knew the ship was going to go down. I ran as fast as my skinny legs could carry me and grabbed the last lifeboat from its rack. I threw it into the ocean and jumped, unfortunately for me, I missed. As I landed in the warm ocean water, the pirate's bomb blasted and the raft and I were sent flying. Thankfully we both made it.

I pulled myself out of the water onto the raft and closed my eyes.

Darkness. All I could see was darkness. And then screams. Not just anyone's screams. Mine.

I was back on the windmill as it was being attacked. The fire. The heat. The smoke. The pain. It was all coming back to me. That horrifying experience. I may have died, but I will never forget it as long as I live. Never.

I shot awake. I was in the raft from the ship. But something was amiss... I felt it lift high into the air. I whipped my head in every direction, but couldn't see anything, until I looked beneath the raft.