Dimples - 4

Sam's POV:

When I turned I was met with an awful surprise. Colby Brock? That new kid who got so popular in just a few days? It surprised me to see that he actually came up to me. I took off my headphones before speaking.

"Ah- C-Colby?" I stuttered out the words, internally cursing myself as I did,

He had that same cocky grin on his face as he responded, "Hey Sam," He simply stated, laughing a bit,

I removed Colby's hand from my shoulder before responding, "What are you doing here?"

"I live in this neighborhood. Just left for school."

"Oh alright.." I simply stated as I looked to the ground as I walked. I've never spoken to him before and I'm pretty sure I heard him making fun of me on the first day. It felt insanely awkward just standing next to him. I fidgeted with the sleeves of my hoodie as I waited for him to respond. I stole a subtle glimpse at him when I saw a big grin suddenly appear on his face when he looked at my phone.

He pointed to my phone and then spoke with that big smile playing on his lips, "Heyy! Beamer boy? Man, I love Lil Peep."

A small smile appeared on my lips when I heard that, "You listen to Lil Peep too?"

"Damn right I do. What's your favorite song?"

"Ghost girl. Yours?"

"Spotlight, the version without Marshmellow of course."

I laughed a bit when he said that and nodded, "Of course, no one likes the version with Marshmallow."

We walked the rest of the way in silence. Just then I saw that he was taking a different turn to go to school.

"Uhh school's this way." I said pointing to the right way,

He scoffed a bit before responding, "I know."

"So why are you going that way?"

"Skipping."

"Wha- It's literally only the second day! You can't be serious."

He grinned, "Come on live a little."

"You're gonna skip the whole day? Just like that?"

"And you aren't? Actually don't answer that, of course you aren't. Come on dude, skip with me, it'll be fun."

I rubbed the back of my neck before responding, "Ehhh.. I don't really know. What if my parents find out?"

"Doesn't Mrs Maddy hate you? Don't you hate like every single class? Didn't you do like none of the homework we got yesterday?"

"Well yeah-" Before I could finish my sentence he cut me off,

"Exactly! Now come on, are you skipping or not?"

I rubbed the back of my neck, I knew I shouldn't be skipping but it sounded funner than anything school and reluctantly responded, "You know what? Fine."

His grin grew wider as he grabbed my wrist and started walking, "Atta boy. I'm gonna show you a good time alright?"

I simply gave him a shy nod in response.

We started walking for a while in silence. After a while of walking we made it to an abandoned building. I looked at Colby and saw his soft smile. He turned to me and signaled me to follow him. He walked in and I followed after him. When we walked in I looked around and saw the graffiti-filled and cracked walls. The corners of the walls also had a few spiderwebs as well and the floor was dusty and covered in dead leaves.