chapter 18

Chloe's POV

                     I cried nonstop as i read Kenzie's words aloud

          "The next person i want to talk about is the biggest reason i died. Many of you will not believe it because this one, nobody knew about, not even you mads.
  The next person i want to tell you about is my very own mother, Melissa. Please let her know this.
  This may be hard for you to believe but my mom never loved me. In fact she often neglected me and even abused me on many frequent occasions. She, however, didn't abuse Maddie because she loved Maddie and Maddie was famous and Maddie was perfect. She abused me because i wasn't Maddie and she would never lay a finger on me unless Maddie wasn't home, and when she was home she would lie to her and tell her i had a somewhere to be when really she would take me to our house near the beach and she would abuse me there. Like remember when i broke my wrist and had trouble dancing, yeah i didn't actually fall out of a full twist, i was beaten until i was unconscious....again. I never told anyone to protect you Maddie because if i turned her in then we would both be homeless and orphaned and you wouldn't be able to dance anymore. I hope that she doesn't start hurting you now that im gone.
   Love,
      Mackenzie Frances Ziegler"

     Maddie broke down into a mess full of tears and i comforted her as she screamed "NO! NO THIS IS ALL MY FAULT! I KILLED HER! NO! KENZIE NO IM SO SORRY!!!!!!