Chapter 8

Jane 

I am completely done here. I want to go home. I want to sit on our couch and stare at the wall. I want to go to school. I want to do homework. I want to read. I want to talk to Jules. I want to ben free. I want so many things I can't have.

I have only been here for 16 hours and I am already messing with my mind.

I am hungry. I think about Jules, again.

Is he doing well? Does he care? Will he be here when mom picks me up? Is he suspected too? Are there other suspects?

Yes, I have many more. I just can't stop thinking about when I will get out of this hell. When will they finally release me? I am so done already.

It's almost always silent in the halls. You can only hear some police officers come here to pick someone up. Probably to take their statements.

I never thought about being in 'prison' would be like this. I thought it would be good to not go to school, not doing anything all day or just thinking without having stress or anything. Now I am stressing more than I ever did. I always stressed about school. This time, I feel like I am going to explode. I feel so much pressure.

Are they going to keep me here for just two days and transform me to a prison because they really can't find another suspect? What if they find another one, but don't think they did it and I still remain the main suspect? I think it's not fair. I think it's not fair that I am here instead of the real murderer of my only best friend. Emily.

She was always the only one kind to me. In that goddamn school. She even left her ex-friend group, only because she wanted to be friends with me, and they didn't. I will never forget her.

How could they think I killed her. I am here in this sort of prison cage, when I actually am supposed to be home, crying so hard that Jules tries to cheer me up. But, instead of mourning, I'm now stuck in this cage.

I might as well go tell them I saw who did it, but they won't believe me. I think no one believes anything I say now.

I am here for 18 hours now and I am starving. There is only a toilet, a bed and me in this goddamn room. Should I ask the guardian? Or whatever he is?

"Uh- sorry!" I shout at him from my cage. I hear his footsteps approaching. He opens the little window-thing and looks at me.

"I- uh- was wondering when I will get something to eat." I ask him.

"In the next 2 hours." He murmurs and turns back around.

Why couldn't they be softer so we could talk to them and entertain ourselves?

"Janice Lily Wilson." someone calls my name. I stand up from my 'bed' and walk towards my door. "I am here to pick you up. One of my colleagues wants to talk to you." He says and walks towards my door. He stops for a moment, probably to find the fitting key and opens my door slowly. He waits for me to come with him. He grasps my already handcuffed hands and tells me something about that I shouldn't be afraid or whatever. I don't care.

He leads me towards the officers room and stops right in front of a door.

He knocks 3 times and waits for answer.

"Come in!" someone shouts from inside the room. We slowly walk inside and when the police officer sees me, he tells me to sit anywhere I want. The officer who got me here slowly turns his back and leaves.

"Well, Janice. I hope you are well?" He asks me.

"I am hungry and please, call me Jane." no one calls me Janice anymore.

"Oh, I can get you something to eat later. Now, someone reported that they saw another person nearby trying to run away. So maybe, we've got another suspect."

 I think I am dreaming. Is this really happening? If yes, who would it be?

"May I know who you suspect?" I ask him out of curiosity. He hesitates.

"I can't tell you for now. So I think we can call your mother to tell her we have another suspect but, we really can't let you go before we get fingerprint test results." he tells me.

"So I still need to be in that cage?" I ask. He nods.

"Well, then. I think you may go back to the 'cage', if that's how you name it." I knew he didn't like me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's a boring chapter guys just wait for the other one 😊