Chapter 5: The Encounter

The sun rose over Seoul, painting the sky in soft hues of pink and gold. Jungkook stirred in his bed, his bunny plushie still tucked in his arms as the sunlight trickled through the curtains. He yawned, rubbing his eyes, feeling the heaviness of the previous day's study session.

 He yawned, rubbing his eyes, feeling the heaviness of the previous day's study session

His phone buzzed on the nightstand—a text from Jimin.

Jimin: "Hey, are you coming to the library later? Namjoon-hyung said we could use his notes for the midterms!"

Jungkook smiled at the message, relieved to have help with the upcoming exams. But before he could reply, his mind wandered back to the previous day. The mysterious boy he had bumped into lingered in his thoughts—those sharp eyes behind a mask, the calm but intense energy that radiated from him.

Who was he? Jungkook didn’t even know his name, but he had left an undeniable impression.

Jungkook: "Yeah, I’ll be there. See you soon."

With a deep breath, Jungkook got ready for the day, his usual routine of a quick breakfast and banana milk bringing a familiar comfort. But as he walked out of his apartment, there was a strange sensation in the pit of his stomach. He couldn’t shake off the feeling that someone was watching him.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was already at the university. He had arrived early, not wanting to miss any chance of seeing Jungkook again. Today, like every other day, he wore his mask and cap, keeping his identity hidden from the world. His presence remained a mystery to everyone, except for a few who had seen glimpses of him, never realizing the power he held as the leader of the feared mafia group known as "V."

Leaning against the wall in the shadows, Taehyung's sharp eyes followed Jungkook as he entered the campus. He had been careful not to get too close, blending into the background like a ghost, invisible to most.

Jungkook walked with a relaxed stride, oblivious to the piercing gaze that followed him. He greeted a few classmates along the way, his bright smile lighting up the space around him. It was a sight Taehyung never tired of—Jungkook’s happiness felt infectious, like a warmth he hadn’t felt in years.

As Jungkook disappeared into the library, Taehyung felt a strange sense of longing. He wanted to be part of that world—Jungkook’s world—but he knew it wasn’t that simple. The life Taehyung led was too dangerous, too dark. If Jungkook knew the truth, he might run far away.

But Taehyung couldn’t help himself. He needed to get closer.

Inside the library, Jungkook met up with Jimin and Namjoon, the latter already buried in his stack of notes.

"Hey, Jungkook! Over here!" Jimin waved him over to the corner table they had claimed.

Namjoon looked up from his book, offering Jungkook a small smile. "You’re right on time. We were just about to go over some key concepts for the business ethics exam."

Jungkook slid into the seat next to them, setting down his bag. "Great! I definitely need help with that. I’ve been so focused on accounting, I barely touched the ethics material."

As the three of them dove into their study session, Jungkook found his focus drifting from time to time. He couldn’t stop thinking about the masked boy. Was he a student? Was he even from Bangtan University? The encounter felt surreal, almost like a fleeting dream.

Suddenly, Jimin nudged him. "Kookie, you’re spacing out. What’s going on?"

Jungkook blinked, shaking his head. "Sorry, hyung. Just… thinking about something weird that happened yesterday."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow, his curiosity piqued. "Weird? Like what?"

Jungkook hesitated, then sighed. "I bumped into this guy, but he was wearing a mask and a cap. I didn’t get a good look at him, but there was something about him... I don’t know. He seemed kind of mysterious."

Jimin smirked, leaning in closer. "Ooh, mysterious? Was he cute? Maybe you’ve got a secret admirer."

Jungkook playfully shoved Jimin’s shoulder. "It’s not like that. I don’t even know him."

Namjoon chuckled, but his expression was more thoughtful. "Bangtan University is a pretty big place. It’s not surprising you’d run into people you’ve never seen before. But a mask… that is a bit unusual."

Jungkook nodded, trying to push the thought away. "Yeah, maybe it was nothing. Let’s just focus on studying."

Across the campus, Taehyung sat on a bench, watching the entrance to the library. His phone buzzed with an incoming message from Jae-hwan.

Jae-hwan: "Surveillance is in place. Jungkook seems focused on his studies, but nothing unusual to report so far. Your orders?"

Taehyung took a moment before replying. "Maintain distance. No need for any interaction yet. I’ll handle it."

His thumb hovered over the screen, debating whether to send another message

His thumb hovered over the screen, debating whether to send another message. Instead, he tucked the phone into his pocket and leaned back, his eyes closing as he imagined the next move.

He knew it was only a matter of time before he had to make his presence known to Jungkook again. But how? Should he reveal himself directly? Or should he continue observing, waiting for the right moment?

The conflict gnawed at him, but for now, Taehyung would wait. He would bide his time until the perfect opportunity presented itself.

By the time the study session ended, Jungkook felt mentally drained but relieved to have made some progress. As he and Jimin walked toward the exit, he couldn’t help but feel that strange sensation again—the feeling that he was being watched.

His steps slowed as he glanced around the campus. Students milled about, chatting and walking in every direction, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"You okay, Kookie?" Jimin asked, noticing his friend’s hesitation.

Jungkook forced a smile. "Yeah, I’m fine. Just… tired, I guess."

Jimin nodded sympathetically. "We’ll hit the gym later and blow off some steam. That should help."

But as Jungkook left the campus, the feeling lingered. He glanced back one more time, his eyes scanning the crowd. And for a brief moment, he thought he saw a figure in the distance—someone wearing a mask and a cap, watching him.

But just as quickly as the figure appeared, it was gone.

In the shadows, Taehyung watched as Jungkook walked away, a faint smile tugging at his lips. The game had begun, and Jungkook didn’t even know he was a part of it yet.

But soon enough, he would. Soon enough, they would meet again.

___________________________________________

Please do vote and comment 🙏🏻

I hope you all love this chapter ✌🏻

Lumina love you all ❤️