Chapter 7: Unlikely Connections

The university cafeteria buzzed with chatter and laughter as Jungkook and his friends sat at their usual table, enjoying a break between classes. The group—Jimin, Hoseok, and Jennie—were laughing over some inside joke when Seokjin joined them with his tray of food.

 The group—Jimin, Hoseok, and Jennie—were laughing over some inside joke when Seokjin joined them with his tray of food

"Hyung!" Jungkook greeted Seokjin with a warm smile, waving him over to sit. "Join us."

Seokjin grinned, his broad shoulders making him seem even more imposing as he settled down. "How’s everyone doing?" he asked, looking over at the group.

Just as they were about to dive into conversation, a figure appeared in the corner of Seokjin’s vision. A tall, masked man in a black hoodie approached, his steps calculated and slow, drawing attention without making a scene. It took Seokjin a moment to recognize him.

“Taehyung?”

Seokjin’s voice echoed louder than expected, and everyone’s heads turned toward the approaching man. The surprise in Seokjin’s tone was unmistakable. The last thing he expected was to see his cousin, Taehyung, at Bangtan University.

Jungkook's eyes darted from Seokjin to the mysterious man now standing by their table

Jungkook's eyes darted from Seokjin to the mysterious man now standing by their table. There was something about Taehyung’s presence that demanded attention, even though his face was mostly hidden behind a black mask. His gaze was piercing, though unreadable, as if studying every person sitting before him.

"Hyung," Taehyung spoke softly, nodding at Seokjin. "I forgot my wallet. Do you have some money on you?"

For a moment, Seokjin was stunned. It wasn’t the request for money that shocked him but the fact that Taehyung was here, at his university, mingling with his friends. Taehyung never mentioned he was attending the same university—he was always so secretive. And even more surprising, he had come to Seokjin for help.

Seokjin’s initial shock quickly shifted to happiness. Maybe this was a chance for them to bond. They hadn’t been close, mainly due to Taehyung’s mysterious and cold nature, but this felt like a breakthrough.

“Of course, Taehyung,” Seokjin replied, pulling out his wallet and handing some bills to his cousin. “Here, take this. You could’ve told me you were studying here! I didn’t know.”