Chapter 4: The Watchful Eye

Jae-hwan handed Taehyung a sleek, black folder, adorned with Jungkook's name in bold letters. Taehyung's curiosity was piqued as he opened the folder, revealing a treasure trove of information about Jungkook's likes, dislikes, and dreams.

As he read, Taehyung's eyes sparkled with amusement and intrigue. Jungkook's love for singing, dancing, and painting was no surprise, but his passion for sports and banana milkshakes made Taehyung chuckle. The fact that Jungkook aspired to be a CEO impressed Taehyung, who saw a kindred spirit in the young man.

 The fact that Jungkook aspired to be a CEO impressed Taehyung, who saw a kindred spirit in the young man

However, it was the mention of soft bunny toys that made Taehyung's heart skip a beat. He couldn't resist the image of Jungkook cuddling a soft bunny, his face alight with joy. Taehyung's favorite color was red, but he found himself drawn to blue, Jungkook's favorite hue.

With a determined glint in his eye, Taehyung ordered Jae-hwan to install cameras in Jungkook's room, kitchen, living room, and garden. "But remember, Jae-hwan, I'm not a pervert who will invade someone's privacy. No cameras in the washroom or anyone else's room."

Jae-hwan nodded, accustomed to Taehyung's enigmatic nature. "Understood, sir. I'll assign our best men to keep an eye on him."

Taehyung's gaze turned intense. "I want more than just eyes on him, Jae-hwan. I want to know his every move, his every thought. Assign bodyguards who can blend in, who can protect him without being seen."

As Jae-hwan departed to carry out Taehyung's orders, the latter's thoughts returned to Jungkook. He envisioned the young man's bright smile, his infectious laughter, and his captivating stage presence.

Taehyung's obsession had begun, fueled by a desire to know Jungkook inside and out. Little did he know, his actions would set off a chain of events that would change their lives forever.

As Taehyung sat in the plush confines of his living room, he couldn't shake the feeling of excitement coursing through him. Each detail about Jungkook brought a smile to his face—a revelation of a deeper connection he had yet to fully understand. He imagined the sound of Jungkook's laughter and the way his eyes sparkled when he was genuinely happy.

With a slight sigh, Taehyung leaned back, running his fingers through his hair. He had always been a man of control, wielding power and influence in the shadows of the mafia. But Jungkook was different; he was a breath of fresh air in Taehyung's otherwise dark world. The thought both thrilled and frightened him. How could someone so innocent have such a profound effect on him?

His phone buzzed again, jolting him from his thoughts. It was a message from Jae-hwan.

Jae-hwan: The installation will be complete by tomorrow evening, sir. The men are ready to ensure Jungkook is safe. We’ve also gathered intel on his usual haunts after classes.

Taehyung smirked, feeling a rush of satisfaction. He responded swiftly.

Taehyung: Good. Keep me updated on any unusual activities around him. I want to know everything.