Epilogue

CASSIUS (One year later)

I didn't hesitate. Maybe I should have, but I didn't.

The second we got back into town, I proposed.

Quinn laughed in my face, but she accepted. Eventually. A year later.

It was so worth the wait.

Wyatt was Quinn's 'maid of honor', a title he proudly accepted.

He even had a giant smile on his face while Quinn shoved him in a fluffy dress that she swore 'accentuated his breasts'. He pretended to fan himself over her compliment. Hell, he even took on the role of Cinderella for a good twenty minutes, singing to imaginary animals and dancing around.

It was all fun and games for him.

But, once she started trying to shove his feet into heels, I think the realization set in that she was completely serious. His features darkened as he stared down at her like she was enemy number one. Next thing you know, he was mumbling, "I can't do this."

He kicked the sparkly heel across the floor, lifted the hem of his dress, and waltzed right out of the room.

Quinn caught him by the edge of the garment and hung on for dear life while he continued to storm through the shop, dragging her across the floor the entire way. Needless to say, I had to pay for the damn thing when it finally ripped.

Witnessing how long it held up was a great testament to the quality of the material, though. Left an outstanding review on their website.

Quinn's mum only did six months in rehab for her first go around. Ended up relapsing within a few weeks of being out. We didn't expect miracles, but I thought she would last a bit longer than she did. I guess her voluntarily admitting herself the second time spoke volumes to her shift in thinking, though.

She was still in rehab during the wedding, doing much better her second time than the first. We took a shit ton of pictures for her and Quinn was more proud of her mum than anything else, despite not being able to be there.

It took a lot of detective work and a lot of coaxing information out of Mabel, but I managed to fly Quinn's dad, Jacques in for the wedding. As soon as Quinn saw him standing in the doorway of her dressing room, she chucked the croissant she was eating at my face.

The bloodshot eye that I could barely open during the ceremony was a small price to pay for seeing them reunite. They both broke down and grieved the loss of their relationship together, looking forward to rebuilding. Quinn saved the news about Dylan for later on. It would have been too much, too soon.

I almost had a meltdown myself when I realized she was letting him walk her down the aisle. The pride in his misty eyes made me hopeful for both our futures.

I wouldn't change a single thing in our relationship. In our marriage. In Quinn.

I vowed to spend my entire life being tortured by her and I'll uphold that until I cease to exist.

***************

CASSIUS (Ten years later)

I'm sitting in the bleachers, the hot metal burning through my jeans. The sun is beating down and all I can smell is fresh-cut grass and sweat from all the people around me. I check to make sure no one is behind me before leaning back to prop my elbows up.

Warren is on my left, bent forward, elbows resting on his knees as he intently watches the soccer match like he's got money on it. Ryan Farrow is to my right, trying and failing to be secretive while he sips from a flask that's being passed around amongst the other parents.