Flowers

The Cemetery was neat and clean with slabs on the floor all were christian and had Jesus carved into the material or a bible quote, flowers of all colours lay along on the slabs. August climbed over the locked gate. He guessed it was locked because it's a sunday and they prioritise church, then again that also made no sense.. Oh. August caught sight of a very colourful grave with a metre tall Virgin Mary statue at the head of it, the grave was covered in flowers, toys and cards. It was locked because someone just got buried. No one was around, even the lights were off in the church, probably because it was 5am on a sunday. August walked around reading each individual name, some had fresh flowers, some had none, some were clean and sparkly while the others were dark and dirty barely readable. August passed by a grave it was dirty with moss and mud, a very old and dirty teddy bear layed keeled over to the side. August crouched down and sat the bear back up, the grave looked abandoned like family didn't care about it. He wiped the slap pushing at least an inch of mud off the concrete, 'unnamed child' it read, complexed August pushed all the mud away just barely making out the date 2001 - 2003. August leaned over, taking a rose from the colourful grave beside it and placing it along the slab, he took a breath bringing his hands together in front of his mouth, August whispered a prayer before moving on. He walked for a while, taking his time reading each one and stealing a flower from each bouquet that he passed; he now had his own colourful bouquet full of flowers. August stopped dead in his tracks; a pearly white slap sat glistening in the morning sun, it sat in front of a tree with fairy lights in it, the slab was colourful with flowers and cards with names familiar to August. He sat on the ground holding the bouquet in his lap, he felt lighter and safe even if he was only a slab now. August ran his fingertips along the engraved letters 'T.O.M.M.Y R.H.O.D.E.S', August's face lit up each letter making him smile a bit more at a time. He placed the flowers on Tommy's grave, feelings of guilt swelling in his stomach.

"May you be in heaven with thy Lord, and granted eternal light in the safety of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen" August crossed himself resting his hands on his lap. August felt odd praying but it felt right in the place of peace and rest, and for respect for Tommy; who, like a good Catholic, went to church and prayed for everyone but himself, which.. Well, it didn't turn out the best for him. Maybe August was the devil or lucifer, maybe he was chaste out of the light, set on the path of darkness to eternal hell. August trimmed the grass around the grave with his finger nails.

"I'm sorry.." August's chest swelled, he rubbed at his sore eyes. "You were always so bright, even when your parents divorced you still managed to help me when I had no one. I... feel guilty. My life is dull without you.. I hope you know, wherever you are, that I love you. As a friend and a brother even if you are a stupid American" August breathed finding peace with his mate.

"Hey! What are you doing here!" an angry voice shook the calm in August's body out and switched it with urgency. August was bare, his mask and glasses still in the car, he tried ignoring the yelling voice hoping they would let up. August felt a firm hand on his shoulder, the stranger spun August around with such force he landed on his back squishing the flowers that August hand picked himself. The strangers froze staring wide eyed at August, his hands curled into tight fists. "YOU MURDERER!" he swung, landing a fist straight to August's nose. It made a squelching crack; blood pouring out of it. He stood up reading himself as good as he could with one well working arm and a swelling nose. The next punch was deflected by August's forearm and he knee'd the stranger in the gut making him step back before turning to the side to throw a nasty punch which with the size difference, would most likely end August's bloodline. August ducked, earning a knee into the face much too quickly for August to do anything, he fell to the ground pushing back with his feet and hands. The Stranger grunted, stomping on August's calf, he cried out in pain rolling to a crouch when the man lifted his foot just to smash it back onto the ground. August got up, going for a firm punch on the man's cheek but missing.. Because he tried punching with his shot arm. August winced in pain, knowing he was not winning this fight he made a limp for it. He stumbled to the gate, scaling it the best he could but it still wasn't good enough, the man grabbed Augustus's foot, ripping him from the gate back to the floor. "Oh no you don't!" the man yelled, shoving August against the gate, and going for another punch to the face which August moved just in time to miss getting his whole face smashed up. August gave his empathy and kicked him so hard in the nuts he swore he could feel it himself. The man's face scrunched up in pure pain, stars practically visible to August with a quiet whine, tears started to fall down the man's face as he cupped his crown jewels. While the man was down he gave him a impressive left hand punch to the face knocking him to the frozen ground. The man wiggled on the grass, cupping his broken nose and prize possessions and August stomped.