Day Fourteen, Chapter Thirty Two, Jaiden's Rampage

Woodrow, Northern Territory, Australia

Wednesday, 14/2/2024

17:05

"When you are in the eye of the storm, you are often not aware of the whiplash around you."

Hugh Bonneville

龍 將 飛 翔

Alaina Floriana's legs were aching. After the fight with those Magicae thugs, which Alaina realised had been the MAS, Jaiden had run off. He had given a vague explanation about needing to do something before jumping into a nearby river and melting into it. Alaina then spent twenty minutes trying to find a way into her own home. She had considered climbing over the gate, but the thick fog gave her a bad feeling. After having her life turned upside down by bizarre magical abilities, she was hesitant to interact with anything that had even a remote chance of causing more issues. For all she knew, there was some sort of acidic mist power. So she had started heading to the only place that might house something useful. The Morticaya house. Perhaps one of them could tell her Nathan's location. But their house was on the complete opposite side of Woodrow. Add that to the fact that her own house was on the outskirts of the town, so no buses came even remotely close to it, that meant that she had to walk quite a distance. She was tired, sore and getting very thirsty. Alaina ran her fingers through her hair. Oh well, she just had to keep going.

龍 將 飛 翔

Aurora Morticaya was in Pendragon heaven. In the training battle, she had gotten slathered in both gasoline and Barnabus' saliva. Not to mention a large amount of dust, dirt and tiny glass fragments. Seeing as she had sweet talked her way into being invited to the proposal, Nathan had decided to fix up her appearance. He had used Enhance to remove the various substances that were clinging to her as well as repair her clothing. He was now brushing her hair. There was no real reason to, Enhance had taken care of all the knots, but Aurora had insisted that her hair felt dirty unless manually brushed. And Nathan, not seeing any harm in this, had offered to brush her hair for her. He was probably going to use this for some strategic advantage. Most likely, he would collect her hair from the brush to use with a power like Modelmorphosis or Cell Reprocessing. Worth it, she thought. Nathan had also called upon the aid of the Keeper's Order's resident fancy dress expert. Curiously enough, this was Freya Clostro whose codename was Gargantua and whose nickname among friends was "Properly Proportioned She-Hulk". Despite looking like the Hulk, if the Hulk had normal caucasian skin colour, long dark brown hair and had grown a few feet taller and wider, Freya loved girly clothes. Whenever not on duty, Angelo Jagger and other Magicae with fabric and cloth powers were often asked to make her custom clothing. Dresses, gowns, skirts, bonnets, kimonos, and much much more. And who could forget the infamous occasion when she showed up to a weeklong Keeper's Order-Galantry's Talon joint training camp wearing a different ridiculous outfit each day. The favourites amongst the other participants were the Can-Can Dancer outfit and the French Maid costume. Talia had about three gigabytes worth of photos stored in a USB drive.

As Nathan brushed Aurora's hair, Freya made various suggestions about her clothing.

'Well it depends on what sort of look you're going for. I think a more simple design would suit you. Maybe an evening gown or a more elegant dress.'

'I am perfectly happy with the clothes I'm wearing, thanks,' Aurora interrupted.

Freya pouted.

'Hmm, you should modify this at the very least. It's nice but a bit too casual. If you're going for this look, then I recommend adding a bow to the front of the sash, loosening the jacket and letting it hang low off your shoulders and maybe opening the back and lowering the neckline.'