Chapter-7

"Oh God, this uncle is going to make me mad," Affan bit his lower lip, frustration bubbling beneath the surface as he let out an exasperated sigh.

"Look, Mr. Whoever-You-Are, let's all leave peacefully. You go your way, and I'll go mine. As for the girl, one way or another, I'll get you arrested if you don't let her leave."

"And how's that possible?" The man replied, a smirk creeping onto his face. "She is my daughter."

"What kind of heart is that inside you, you vile creature, getting your daughter married to a man who looks like he is going to his deathbed tomorrow?"Affan shot back, his voice rising in anger.

The man's face twisted in rage, his fists clenching at his sides. "Watch your mouth, boy. You have no idea who you're talking to."

Affan crossed his arms, glaring defiantly. "I don't care who you are. What you're doing is sick, and I won't stand by and watch."

The man stepped closer, his sneer growing more menacing. "You think you can stop me? You're just a kid."

"I may be young, but I'm not stupid," Affan retorted, his voice firm. "You think you can get away with this? I'll make sure the authorities know what you're doing. You won't just lose your daughter—you'll lose your freedom."

The man's eyes flashed with fury, but before he could respond, the girl, trembling behind him, found her voice. "Please... just let me go. I don't want this."

Affan glanced at her, his expression softening. "You don't have to go through with it. We'll find a way."

"Sure, I've already shown you the way without you having to stress yourself. Marry my daughter," the man said, his voice dropping into a sly, sinister tone.

Affan's jaw clenched, disbelief flooding his expression. "Marry your daughter? You think I'm like you? That I'd treat her like a bargaining chip in your sick game?"

The man smiled coldly. "It's a simple solution. Take her, and you avoid all this drama. Isn't that what you want?"

"No!" Affan snapped, his anger simmering. "You don't get it, do you? I'm here to protect her, not exploit her like you are."

The man's smile faltered. "Think carefully, boy. You don't want to be my enemy."

"I'm not afraid of you," Affan said, stepping forward. "I'd rather be your enemy than let you ruin her life."

"Like your brother?" A low, raspy voice cut through the tension, silencing the room. The group of men parted, lowering their heads as they made way for a limping man, a long scar running from his forehead to his chin.

Affan's heart raced. Brother? Did I hear that right? How does he know Bhai? Oh no... Dora's helpers. My head is spinning.

His thoughts spiraled as panic crept in. Shit. Dora. Durrah. She's going to kill me for getting into this mess.

The man stopped before Affan, towering over him despite his limp. He grabbed Affan by the collar, his grip firm but not rough. "You're just like your brother," he sneered, disdain dripping from his words.

Before Affan could respond, a white car roared down the street, screeching to a halt in front of them.

The man chuckled, a sly smile creeping onto his lips. "Not bad; he still has that aura," he muttered, amused by the sudden arrival.

Affan's eyes flickered to the car, and before he could process what was happening, a petite figure burst out, rushing toward him. His heart sank when she threw herself into his arms, burying her face against his chest, trembling with fear.He could feel how terrified she was, her sobs muffled against him.