Chapter-8

"Malik may be dead, but his network isn't. They're coming for our family again," Rayyan said, his voice edged with concern.

"But why, Bhai? I can't pinpoint a single reason for anyone to hold a grudge against us. Malik died because of his own actions. I just don't get it," Affan replied, clearly frustrated.

"There's something more, Affan. It's not just about us; it's about our whole family. I don't know much either, but it's not just some random vendetta. Whoever's behind this is tied to Malik, but the reasons are still unclear. Too many questions, no real answers," Rayyan said, his uncertainty weighing heavily.

Affan placed a reassuring hand on Rayyan's shoulder. "Bhai, nothing's going to happen to any of us. If these people are who you think they are, they already hurt bhabi once, and that's the last time. We won't let them hurt another one of our loved ones," he said firmly. Rayyan covered Affan's hand with his own and nodded, comforted by his brother's words.

Just as Rayyan was about to respond, Hoorain walked in, hands on her hips.

"What are the two favorite brothers doing without me?" she teased. "Don't tell me you're discussing Affan's wedding without including me. I'm the master planner, and don't you dare take that away from me," she said, pretending to be angry as she pointed at Rayyan, who chuckled at his wife's antics.

"I wouldn't dream of it," Rayyan replied with a smile, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and pulling her close.

Hoorain huffed in mock annoyance, but her lips curved into a smile as she leaned into him. Rayyan leaned in, brushing a soft kiss on her forehead, and whispered something only she could hear, making her blush and swat his chest lightly.

"God, these two old lovebirds, romancing without shame in front of their little brother," Affan said dramatically, rolling his eyes.

""Jealous, are we? Don't worry, your time is coming soon," Rayyan teased, giving Affan a knowing look.

Before Affan could respond, Durrah entered the room, cradling little Amal in her arms. The toddler giggled, her tiny hands clutching Durrah's shirt. Durrah glanced down at Amal and, in a sing-song voice, exclaimed,

"Where are we going? Where are we going?" playfully imitating Dora's famous lines.

Affan raised an eyebrow. "Are we seriously doing the 'Dora the Explorer' thing now?"

"Shush!" Durrah replied, shooting him a mock glare.

"To the kitchen to make cupcakes!" She swung her arm in the air, and Amal giggled louder, mimicking her movements.

Affan leaned back against the couch, throwing Rayyan a pointed look. "See, Bhai? This is what you meant when you said my time's coming, right? Looks like I'm already getting a taste of what's ahead."

" It is my brother-in-law, you can have practice looking after a grown-up kid before having your own" Hoorain chimed in, giving Affan a thumbs-up as she walked towards Durrah.

"Bhai, now I see your past. I'm proud of you, my brother; you've come a long way," Affan said, patting Rayyan's shoulder, who let out a sigh of relief.

"Uh-oh, what's going on here? Is this a family reunion in Jeej's office room? Without me?" Durrah exclaimed dramatically, placing a hand on her heart, and Amal followed suit, her tiny hand mirroring her mother's.

"Affan, your wife is literally turning my kid into her mini-me," Rayyan said, feigning disapproval, while he held his arms out to Amal, who giggled and jumped into his embrace.

"You little traitor! Just wait until your Dora offers you all the goodies your kadoos dadwon't," Durrah teased, pouting playfully as she looked at Amal.