CHAPTER 4:(THREAT)

Chapter 4:

Midnight........

Midoriya is tossing and turning in bed, plagued by thoughts of the insults and threats he received. The words echo in his mind, leaving him restless and anxious.

After what feels like hours of trying to find comfort in sleep, he finally decides he needs a break from the turmoil in his mind.

Midoriya (murmuring to himself): "I can't keep doing this... I need to clear my head."

He quietly gets out of bed, careful not to disturb Bakugo and Todoroki. Midoriya tiptoes to the kitchen, where he brews himself a cup of coffee, the rich aroma filling the air and offering a small sense of comfort.

With the warm mug in his hands, he heads outside into the cool night air, hoping it will help calm his racing thoughts.

Outside, the night is still and peaceful, the moon casting a soft glow over the surroundings.

Midoriya takes a deep breath, feeling the chill against his skin as he steps onto the porch.

He leans against the railing, sipping his coffee, trying to focus on the sound of the rustling leaves and the distant chirping of crickets.

Midoriya (thinking): "I just need to breathe. I can't let this get to me..."

As he stands there, he suddenly feels a prickling sensation at the back of his neck, an instinct telling him he's being watched.

He looks around, scanning the shadows beyond the porch light, and his heart drops as he catches a glimpse of a figure standing a distance away, partially obscured by the darkness.

Midoriya (whispering, his breath hitching): "What... who is that?"

The figure is shrouded in shadows, but he can make out a pair of eyes glinting in the moonlight, fixed on him with an intensity that sends a shiver down his spine.

Midoriya's heart races as he instinctively takes a step back, the coffee cup almost slipping from his grasp.

Midoriya (thinking frantically): "I need to get back inside..."

Just as he turns to move back toward the house, Bakugo and Todoroki appear, having just come down the stairs.

Their faces are filled with concern as they see Midoriya's startled expression.

Bakugo (frowning, his voice sharp): "Oi, Deku! What the hell are you doing up? You should be sleeping!"

Todoroki (noticing the tension in Midoriya's posture): "Is everything okay?"

Midoriya glances back toward the figure, but to his horror, it's gone, leaving only the stillness of the night behind.

Midoriya (voice trembling slightly): "I thought I saw someone... someone was watching me."

Bakugo (his eyes narrowing, instantly on guard): "What? Where? Are you serious?!"

Todoroki (looking around the yard, his expression serious): "We need to be careful. If someone is out there, it could be dangerous."

Midoriya (still shaken, shaking his head): "I don't know... They just disappeared when you two came outside. I could feel their eyes on me..."

Bakugo (clenching his fists, anger flashing in his eyes): "Damn it. We can't let this slide. I'm going to check the perimeter. If there's someone lurking around, I'll find them."