CHAPTER 6:(Attention from you)

Chapter 6:

Izuku, Bakugo, and Todoroki have returned home from the hospital. The familiar atmosphere of their shared space is comforting, but tension lingers as Izuku still looks pale and tired, recovering from his ordeal.

Bakugo is in the laundry room, tossing clothes into the washer, while Todoroki is in the kitchen, prepping lunch. Izuku walks into the living room, his eyes scanning the space as he instinctively reaches for the vacuum.

Izuku: "I can help out a bit. You guys have been doing everything for me…"

Before he can even plug the vacuum in, Bakugo’s voice thunders from the laundry room.

Bakugo: "Oi! Put that down, Deku! You just got out of the hospital!"

Todoroki, chopping vegetables in the kitchen, glances over and sees Izuku trying to busy himself.

Todoroki: "Izuku, you should be resting. You don’t have to do anything right now. We’ve got this."

Izuku hesitates, gripping the vacuum tightly as if it’s an anchor, his stubborn nature refusing to let him sit idle.

Izuku: "I appreciate everything you’ve done, but I don’t want to be a burden. I’m fine, really—"

Bakugo storms out of the laundry room, wiping his hands on his pants, his expression a mix of irritation and concern.

Bakugo: "You’re not a burden, idiot! We told you to take it easy, so just sit down! You barely made it through the hospital, and now you want to vacuum? You’ve gotta be kidding me."

Todoroki, ever calm, walks over and gently takes the vacuum from Izuku’s hands, setting it aside.

Todoroki: "Bakugo’s right. You need to rest, Izuku. Let us take care of the house for now."

Izuku: "But—"

Bakugo: "You wanna help? Then focus on getting better. That’s how you help us."

Todoroki: "We’ll handle the rest. Lunch will be ready soon, and Bakugo’s got the laundry. You just sit down, okay?"

Reluctantly, Izuku finally gives in and sinks down onto the couch, watching as Todoroki returns to the kitchen and Bakugo heads back to the laundry room.

Despite his initial resistance, he feels a strange comfort knowing his friends are taking care of him, and a small, grateful smile appears on his face.

Izuku: "Okay… I’ll rest."

From the kitchen, Todoroki glances over his shoulder, catching Izuku’s smile, and exchanging a quick look with Bakugo, who smirks.

Bakugo: "About time you listened, nerd."

.
.
.

After lunch.......

The house is quiet as Bakugo finishes drying the dishes while Todoroki wipes down the kitchen counter.

They assume Izuku is resting, as they’d asked, but a faint noise from the backyard catches Todoroki’s attention.

He looks out the window and sees Izuku, mop in hand, scrubbing the back patio.

Todoroki: "Izuku's at it again..."

Bakugo: "Unbelievable. I told him not to—"

Todoroki: he's stubborn...

Bakugo: i know....