31 - Wedding

It was the wedding day! Trudy was standing in the back of Molly's in the kitchen waiting to walk down the aisle since it wasn't time yet. I knew I needed to go check on her but I was running around making sure everything was perfect.

"Bailey! Where are gifts going again?" Herrmann asked struggled with 3 gift boxes.

"Back corner table." I said as Mouch and Kelly came walking in the door.

"About time you two!" I snapped annoyed.

"There was an accident and traffic." Kelly said and I groaned.

"Which is why half the guests aren't here." I complained. I went to walk away and Mouch grabbed one hand, Kelly grabbed the other.

"You need to calm down before you stroke out." Kelly said and I just sighed.

"Listen, once I get you and Trudy married I will calm down." I said and walked away. I went to the back find Trudy talking to some other women who worked at PD headquarters with her.

"Okay so there is an accident which is why everyone is running later. Do you want to wait until everyone is here?" I asked and she nodded.

"I do, I'm only doing this once." Trudy said and I nodded with a smile. I grabbed the boutonniere from the box and headed back out to the bar.

I walked up to Mouch and smiled. "Can I help you with this?" I smiled and he chuckled but nodded.

"This place looks amazing Bailey. You really made me and Trudy happy." Mouch said and I just smiled.

"You guys were pretty easy clients." I said getting the boutonniere pinned on.

"Picture." The photographer said. Mouch and I posed for a picture. Once it was taken he looked at me and smiled.

"How is Trudy?" He asked.

"As beautiful as ever and we are just waiting until everyone gets here. She wanted to wait." I said and Mouch nodded.

"Good idea." Mouch said as Boden and Donna came walking up.

"Bailey! This place looks amazing." Donna asked as I hugged her and Boden.

"Thank you." I smiled as I heard a crash from the back. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I will go to jail if I murder someone..." I trailed off reminding myself and rushed to the back.

🔴 🔴 🔴

Everyone had arrived and everything was under control, the crash was nothing serious and I didn't have to kill anyone. As I noticed everyone was seated I walked to the back and saw Trudy peaking out of the small window in the door.

"You ready?" I asked as she smiled at me.

"You know it." She said. I handed her the bouquet and then she took ahold of my hand.

"Thank you for all of this." Trudy smiled.

"Thank you for making my dad happy." I replied.

"I'm happy to be gaining you as a step daughter." Trudy said and we hugged. As we broke apart we both had tears stinging our eyes.

"No crying! Not yet." I said and Trudy nodded in agreement. I took a deep breath, "Alright I will have them start the music." I said and walked out the door.

I gave a small nod to the officiant at the end of the aisle and then the Dj.

"All rise." The officiant said as the wedding March started playing. I opened the door as Trudy walked out giving me a small smile as she passed me. I made sure her train was perfect and watched her walk down the aisle to my dad. Once she got to the makeshift alter I snuck around to my seat with Kelly in the front row on my dad's side.

We sat down and Kelly took ahold of my hand and I smiled at him as he did.

I watch my dad and Trudy exchange vows and rings. I watched them share their first kiss. We all cheered when it was done and I even wiped away a few tears. They walked back up the aisle and I stood at the alter.

"If you all will just give us 15 minutes we will be setting up tables for the reception. Please enjoy the far end of the bar for cocktail hour." I announced and everyone smiled making their way to the end of the bar. I knew Herrmann would be slammed and Stella was helping him so I looked at Boden and Kelly.

"How much do you both love me?" I asked and they laughed.

"What do you need?" Boden asked as I started instructing them on where tables and chairs went.

🔴 🔴 🔴

The reception was running like a well oiled machine, the cake had been cut, the first dance had been done and dinner had been served and eaten.

Everyone was now just dancing and having a good time. I was walking out from the back when my hand was grabbed and I was spun onto the dance floor. I was laughing when I realized it was Kelly and he held my one hand as my other hand was on his shoulder.

"Well that was a tad but aggressive." I laughed.

"I don't think it was at all. I have barely gotten anytime with you all night. I mean the ceremony and that was it. I wanted one dance with my amazing girlfriend and the amazing party planner." Kelly said and I smiled.

"Well I'm happy you did. I needed a break I think. I mean everything is running perfectly." I said looking around.

"Hey, eyes on me. All you need to worry about right now is me and you dancing." Kelly said and I smiled.

We danced to a few slow songs and then we walked to the bar and got 2 beers.

I watched Trudy and my dad walk around the room and talk to everyone and I smiled.

"They are so perfect together." I said and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Mollys looks pretty good too. Never knew she could look this good." Herrmann said and we all laugh.

"You could have a good side business if you let me advertise this place as a wedding venue..." I trailed off and took a swig of my beer.

"Firefighters only." Herrmann stated.

"So we could use it if we ever wanted to..." Kelly suggested and I turned my head and looked at him with a smile. He winked at me and I just slightly shook my head.

"I mean...if you two ever decide that you'll be getting married." Herrmann said and I just shook my head again.

"We'll be ready, when we're ready." I said and Kelly nodded as I leaned back into him, my back to his front and he wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you." Kelly whispered in my ear.

"I love you." I replied.

Kelly leaned in giving me a small kiss. The ring box burning a hole in his pocket but he knew it wasn't the right time.