𝐕 - 𝐓𝐨 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭'𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

But why?

I shifted on the couch, the blanket pulled tighter around me as the weight of Agnis's words settled in. Why would anyone care so much about saving me, an idol with a messy personal life and crappy personality? I tried to make sense of Syran's actions. The first time I could almost dismiss it as a fluke—but now?

As I stared into the fire, I thought to myself about Syran. He has secrets, layers I hadn't begun to understand. My chest tightened with the weight of it all. What does he want from me? Why had he shown up in my life with this eerie ability to be there when I was the most vulnerable?

I was pulled from my thoughts by the soft sound of footsteps entering the room. I glanced up, my heart skipping a beat when I saw Syran. He was fresh out of the shower, the steam still clinging to him like mist. A towel hung loosely around his neck and his silver hair was tied back in a low ponytail. The sight of him like this caught me off guard. There's something about him that made my chest tighten in a way that I couldn't quite explain.

Our eyes met and for a moment before he spoke.

"Vesper." There was something in the way he said my name, something that made my pulse quicken. He stood there, observing me with those piercing bright eyes. His gaze is quite unreadable, though I thought I saw a flicker of concern in the depths of his expression.

I opened my mouth to say speak but the words tangled on my tongue. Syran didn't seem to mind the silence. He turned his attention to Agnis who had been watching our interaction with an amused smile on his lips.

"How is he?" Syran asked, his voice low but filled with a quiet intensity.

Agnis leaned back in his chair, crossing one leg over the other as he looked between the two of us. "He woke up not too long ago, confused but alive. I think he'll be fine." he replied. Agnis shot me a playful glance, the violet in his eyes sparkled in the firelight.

"Though you might want to explain to him what in the world is going on."

Syran sighed, his shoulders relaxing slightly. "Well, I was planning to."

I watched the two of them interact, my mind reeling. There's a hint of familiarity between them. It's as if they had known each other for years, though Agnis seemed far too relaxed to take anything too seriously. Syran walked over to where I was lying. He sat down on the edge of the couch and I could feel the warmth radiating from his freshly showered skin.

"Sorry, you had to go through that. I didn't anticipate things would escalate that way." He mentioned. His voice grew quieter in a more intimate tone.

I blinked, my thoughts still swirling. "Why..." I murmured, unable to meet his gaze directly. "Why do you keep saving me?"

There was a long pause. Syran didn't answer right away. His hand reached for the towel around his neck, as if the motion would somehow buy him more time to respond. "Weren't you drowning?" he finally said, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.