𝐗𝐕𝐈 - 𝐂𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞, 𝐓𝐞𝐚, 𝐨𝐫 𝐌𝐞?

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

When I finally woke up, I couldn't see anything but darkness enveloping me. I tried to get a sense of where I currently was and I could feel a blindfold wrapped snugly around my eyes. I struggled to move, but my muscles ached when I attempted to do so. The fabric beneath me felt smooth, like silk to my small figure. A bed, perhaps? I wriggled my fingers slightly, only to realize they were bound behind my back.

I wanted to scream, but my throat was barely able to muster more than a ragged breath. Just as I was starting to process the gravity of my situation, a voice cut through the silence.

"Good morning, sweetheart."

The very voice sounded affectionate but it made every hair on my body stand on end. I swallowed hard, refusing to answer as I tried to push the rising fear away. That voice again, the very same voice from earlier. There was the sound of footsteps approaching me. His hands touched the edge of my blindfold, his thin fingers brushing softly against my skin.

"Let's get this off you." he said quietly.

He began to loosen the blindfold around my eyes. A thin strip of fabric slipped away and I blinked against the sudden flood of dim light around me. When my eyes finally focused, I could see the man standing right in front of me.

He looked almost human, but there was something off about him—like he belonged more to a nightmare than reality. His face had those sharp features that were unnervingly perfect. His eyes were a glistening shade of grey and pink pupils that seemed to shimmer with starlight. A smirk tugged at the corner of his lips as he watched me.

I forced myself to look away, scanning the room around me instead. It's quite spacious with a hint of luxury, like the kind of place you'd see in a high-end hotel magazine. It's a sleek modern bedroom filled with dark tones and sharp edges. A large aquarium dominated one of the walls, filled with vibrant colourful fish that swam in hypnotic patterns, which is a truly odd contrast to the tension suffocating the air.

His gaze trailed over me and I felt like a caged animal under his scrutiny. I tugged at the bindings around my wrists, but they didn't budge. I have no idea what he plans to do with me, but the fact that he'd gone through the trouble of tying me up here doesn't sit right through.

He leaned forward, his presence dominating the space between us. "I know you have questions."

"Who even are you?" I croaked, my voice shaky.

He chuckled softly which sounded way too pleasant given the circumstances. "I suppose introductions are in order." he said, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. He leaned in slightly, and I caught the faintest whiff of a cologne that was both sweet and delicate.

"The name's Kael." he said.

He kept his eyes on me as he spoke. "There's something you have." he whispered, his voice velvet-soft. "Something only you can give me."

I swallowed hard. Every instinct in my body screamed at me to get up and run but I couldn't move at all. His presence seemed to hold me in place, as though the very air around us had turned to concrete.