𝐗𝐈 - 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

After we finished preparing all the stuff we needed for the trip, I found myself sitting in the back seat with Mathias beside me. Agnis is up front beside Syrus who's currently driving his car. Sage is in the lead with the first car, packed with all the pieces of luggage we had. 

I glanced out the window, watching the snowy landscape blur by. We're really heading out on a beach in winter. No swimming, obviously—the sea would be freezing cold for that. Despite that, Sage told us that the place was still a tourist destination popular for its barbeque spots and cozy resorts.

The steady hum of the car's engine combined with the quiet atmosphere inside. Mathias leaned comfortably beside me, his leg brushing against mine occasionally, as he tried to interact with me.

"I can't believe we're going to a beach in winter." I muttered, leaning my head back against the seat. 

Agnis turned slightly from his spot in the front, his face lighting up with a grin. "But think about it—fireplace, hot drinks, and—oh! Did Sage mention there's a sauna at the resort?"

I raised my eyebrow at him, feeling the cold creeping in from the edges of the window. "I'm more excited for the food, actually."

Mathias chuckled beside me. "Of course you are. Always thinking about your next meal, huh?"

I elbowed him lightly but I couldn't help the grin that broke across my face. "Hey, don't act like you won't be stuffing your face too."

"You know me too well." he teased, flashing me a playful wink. His eyes lingered on me for a few seconds longer and my heart did a little flip in response.

Agnis noticed our interaction and smirked. "You two look cute together, you know that?"

I felt my cheeks reddened at that but before I could respond, Mathias jumped in. "Cute, huh?" He leaned closer, his voice dropping to a playful whisper. "What do you think, Ves?"

I rolled my eyes, though my pulse quickened at him. Agnis laughed from the front seat at my response. "Come on, you know I'm right. It's like you two are in your little world."

I opened my mouth to protest but Mathias's arm casually draped over the back of my seat. "A world I wouldn't mind being in." he murmured.

I was about to say something back in response when I noticed Syran staring straight ahead. His hands feel like it's gripping the wheel a little bit too tight. His usual cold demeanour seemed unchanged on the surface but something about his posture felt tense.

Mathias didn't seem to notice, still grinning as he shifted on his seat beside me. "By the way, Sage mentioned there's an amusement park near the resort. You know what that means, right?"

I blinked, pulled from my thoughts earlier. "Oh, an amusement park?"