𝐈𝐗 - 𝐒𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

I stood by the window, the sunlight spilling over the rooftops and shimmering off the snow-covered streets below. The city was already drenched in the winter holiday spirit with wreaths hanging on doorways and garlands of lights lining the streets. It's such a peaceful scene that it almost felt too serene. I took a slow sip of my coffee, the warmth spreading through me in contrast to the cold winter air pressing against the glass.

Vesper had left early this morning for a studio session, he informed me it was some kind of collaboration with another musical artist. I told him I'd be staying home today to take care of some things in the spirit world later.

Indeed, that was only half true.

Yes, I had responsibilities there—things I'd been putting off but in reality, I needed some space for myself as well. I need to think about the mess of emotions I had buried deep, especially after last night.

The memory of him in my arms with his body leaning into mine and the quiet trust we shared was still fresh in my mind. I could have kissed him, but I stopped myself. There was a line I wasn't sure I was ready to cross yet for both our sakes.

I exhaled slowly, staring out at the world outside. My thoughts were interrupted by the familiar flicker of energy in the room. A moment later, Agnis popped beside me, grinning like he'd just won a game no one else knew they were playing. His violet eyes sparkled with mischief and his indigo hair fell messily around his face.

"You know, brooding doesn't suit you." Agnis said, leaning against the window beside me. "Looks like someone's in love."

I shot him a warning glare, though it didn't affect him whatsoever. Agnis always had a way of knowing things before I was even ready to admit them to myself. His power to read anyone's mind was particularly troublesome, especially when my thoughts were spinning out of control like this.

"Stay out of my head, Agnis." I muttered, though there was no real force behind my words. He laughed it off, a sound that somehow managed to be both light and irritating at the same time.

"Oh come on, Syran." He grinned wider, clearly enjoying every second of my discomfort. "I saw it coming, you know. I knew it was only a matter of time the second you started caring more about him than your little soul-snatching plan."

I took another sip of my coffee, hoping the heat would settle the mild irritation bubbling inside me. Agnis wasn't completely wrong though.

"It's not that simple." I replied.

Agnis shrugged at me. "Why not? You like him. Hell, maybe even love him. Don't you feel happier when you're around him?"

"He's vulnerable." I said quietly, more to myself than to Agnis. "I wouldn't take advantage of that, it wouldn't be right."

Agnis raised his eyebrows, folding his arms as he gave me a knowing look. "And who says you'd be taking advantage of him? Vesper's not some fragile doll, Syran. He trusts you. Hell, he wants you. You're the one who keeps holding back."