𝐕𝐈𝐈 - 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐫𝐨𝐬

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Standing here near the ice skating rink, I can't help but observe the sheer excitement radiating from the crowd around me. I can hear the fans chattering, their voices merging into a chorus of eager anticipation as they wait for the performance today.

However... amidst the lights and electric energy, my thoughts drifted back to last night.

After Vesper had told us he needed time alone, I felt the weight of that statement settle over me like a thick fog. He seemed to retreat into his small world, a place where I could only watch from the depths of shadows. I remember checking in on him around 11 o'clock at nighttime when most people sought rest. Instead, there he was, still practicing with an intensity that both amused and worried me at the same time.

The dim glow of the studio lights illuminated his figure as he moved with grace against the polished floor. The faint music pulsed through the air like a rhythmic heartbeat that seemed to fuel his every motion. Each step was infused with a passion as if he had boundless energy. It's like an unyielding drive that pushed him to chase perfection even as fatigue loomed in the corners of his mind.

How dedicated this little idol was, I thought to myself.

His determination was admirable, and I found myself wondering how long he could sustain this pace without losing himself. I watched him from the doorway, captivated by the way he poured every ounce of his heart into the performance.

I remember how focused he looked, so consumed by himself that it seemed he had forgotten the very notion of limits.

I decided not to disturb him, refusing to intrude on that moment. I turned away while letting the door click softly behind me which is a gentle reminder that sometimes silence is the best form of support.

But curiosity gnawed at me.

I returned at around 3 o'clock past midnight to the studio. The air was quiet and the studio felt like a sanctuary illuminated by the soft glow of scattered lights. I expected to find him still entrenched in his rehearsals like his spirit it had been hours earlier. But how surprised I was when I heard from Sage that Vesper had gone to bed.

Deep down, I knew he needed his rest for the performance that awaited him.

It struck me how the life of an idol, the one depicted on screens with glittering smiles and effortless grace was far from the reality they lived. The glamour masked all the struggles away from anyone to see.

Today the morning light spills through the arena, casting a warm glow over the ice rink. I can see the enthusiasm in the crowd, wondering if they understand the toll it takes on him. This kind of pressure must be suffocating along with the expectation to be perfect.

"Adrian!" I hear a voice call, breaking my reverie. I turn to see Sage approaching me, his expression's a mix of excitement. "Are you ready for this? It's going to be a big one."

"No doubt." I reply, though my mind drifts back to Vesper. "He'd been practicing all night."