Chapter 3

Acer's Pov

I stood by the banister, looking out at the dark garden of my new home. The sounds of laughter and clinking glasses from the house blessing had faded, and now it felt quiet and heavy. I was supposed to be happy—I was the new president of the Lizardo Group—but instead, I felt a lot of pressure.

I thought about Don Felipe’s proud smile. For a moment, I felt proud too, but that feeling quickly went away. I remembered how my family had reacted—fake smiles and angry looks. It worried me. Fernando had spoken with anger, Titania had avoided me, and my dad looked both proud and worried. Did they really think I didn’t deserve this?

I rubbed the back of my neck, feeling stressed. What if they were right? What if I wasn’t ready for this job? Doubts filled my mind, mixing with the excitement I had felt earlier. I was now part of a game I didn’t understand, and I didn’t know who I could trust.

Then there was Jennie. She believed in me, which helped me a lot, but even her support felt weak now. I knew she could feel the tension around us, and I hated that I couldn’t protect her from it.

The night grew deeper, and I still couldn’t sleep as memories of what happened earlier kept coming back to me.

I was all alone tonight in this new house because Jennie had to go home to take care of some things at her place.

It was already 11:25 in the evening when I received a text message from my girlfriend. The message said, "Pick me up at Fetelle Albergo..."

It's a famous hotel in the city. What the heck is she doing there at this hour? I quickly grabbed my car keys and drove straight to that hotel.

I couldn't contain my frustration, knowing she was still there at such a late hour. She was probably drunk again. She has her own car, and we live together. But our house is part of our mansion.

When I arrived at the hotel, I wasn't mistaken-she was indeed drunk, as there was a party going on. I immediately searched for her in the crowd of people dancing, but I couldn't find her.

I glanced at my phone again when it rang.

Another text message... "Room 512.."

"Fvck!" I whispered under my breath.

I immediately headed to Room 512, knocked on the door, and realized it was open.

Sheshh! How could she leave the door unlocked?!

I quickly entered, but it was dark inside. I glanced again at the number on the door to make sure I had the right room, and yes, it was correct.

I walked in slowly because of the darkness. The place wasn't even familiar; I might bump into something! Where the fvck is the light switch?

Suddenly, someone punched me in the stomach, causing me to drop to my knees.

"Who are you?!" I shouted furiously.

The last thing I remembered was getting kicked and losing consciousness.

I woke up lying on a bed. Both of my hands were tied to the corners of the bed. And I was blindfolded.

"I guess you're awake now," said a deep, manly voice.

"Who are you?! Let me go! What do you want from me?!" I struggled to say, trying to break free.

I froze when he suddenly spoke close to my ear.

"You're mine, Acer."

"Stay away from me!" I shouted, but he suddenly grabbed me by the neck.