Chapter 5

Third Person POV

“I didn’t want to bring this up, but I found out something about Jennie... and Tirzo.”

Acer’s eyes narrowed as he took the phone. His breath caught in his throat when he saw the pictures—Jennie, his girlfriend, with Tirzo, his own uncle. There were images of them together, laughing, kissing, and meeting in secret. The texts revealed even more—plans, conspiracies, and talks of taking control from him.

“Jennie and Tirzo... they've been in a relationship for over five years,” Kingler continued, his tone careful but firm. “They’re working together to bring you down, Acer. Jennie’s been playing you from the start.”

Acer’s hand trembled as he scrolled through the evidence. His heart pounded in his chest, anger and disbelief washing over him in waves. “This can’t be real...” he muttered under his breath, struggling to comprehend what he was seeing.

“I’m afraid it is,” Kingler said, his voice steady. “They’re using you. Jennie’s pretending to be loyal, but she’s been with Tirzo all along. And their plan? To take over everything that’s yours—the company, the family name, your reputation.”

Acer sat back in his chair, his mind racing. Betrayal. That was the only word that could describe the situation. Jennie, the woman he trusted, was working with his own uncle to destroy him.

“Why are you telling me this?” Acer finally asked, his voice cold and sharp.

Kingler leaned forward, his gaze intense. “Because I’m not on their side. I know what they’re doing, and I don’t want to see them succeed. You deserve to know the truth, and I can help you stop them.”

Acer’s eyes darkened as he absorbed the weight of Kingler’s words. For a moment, he didn’t know what to say, but the evidence was undeniable. Jennie and Tirzo had been plotting against him for years, and now he had to act.

“What do you suggest?” Acer asked, his voice low.

Kingler smiled slightly, knowing he had gained Acer’s trust. “For now, we play along. Let them think they’re still in control. But when the time is right... we’ll take them down together.”

Acer’s jaw clenched, his mind already beginning to calculate the next steps. “I can’t let this out, not now,” he said, more to himself. “With everything happening in the company, I can’t afford a scandal.”

Kingler nodded in agreement. “Exactly. We keep it quiet, bide our time, and then strike when they least expect it.”

Acer stood up from his chair, his resolve hardening. He turned to look out the window, his reflection cold and distant. “I trusted them both... but now they’ll pay for what they’ve done.”

Kingler watched him closely, satisfaction creeping into his expression. Everything was falling into place, just as he had planned.

Acer's Pov

I sat alone in my study, staring at the dim light coming from the lamp on my desk. My mind was racing, trying to process everything Kingler had just told me. Jennie. Tirzo. Five years. All this time, they were plotting against me, right under my nose.

I leaned back in my chair, letting out a deep breath, the weight of it all pressing down on my chest. I couldn’t believe it—or maybe I didn’t want to believe it. How did I miss it?

It was all starting to make sense now. Jennie’s little lies, the late nights out, her constant need to know everything about the business—at the time, I thought she was just being curious. I thought she was trying to be supportive, even if she didn’t understand how everything worked. But now, looking back, I could see it was all part of her plan.