Chapter 4

Kingler's Pov

The dim light of dawn filtered through the grimy windows of the hideout, casting long shadows across the floor. I leaned back in my chair, my fingers drumming impatiently on the table as I waited for the right moment to put my next plan into action. Last night's success had only fueled my desire to take things further. I could taste victory, and I wasn't about to let it slip away.

My phone buzzed, interrupting my thoughts. It was a text from Acer-I know you're out there. Meet me. We need to talk.

I couldn't help but smirk. It was time to put my next scheme into motion. Acer was starting to realize he needed help, and I was more than willing to step into that role-if it meant getting what I wanted.

I arrived at our meeting spot, a secluded area near the park, just outside the city. Acer was already waiting, pacing back and forth, the tension in his posture evident. His brows were furrowed, and I could see the exhaustion etched on his face. Perfect. He was vulnerable, just how I liked him.

"What do you want?" Acer snapped, cutting straight to the chase as I approached him. His voice was laced with frustration and anger, and I could see he was still reeling from the fallout of last night's events.

I feigned indifference, crossing my arms. "I think we both know what this is about. You're in a tight spot, and I have a way to help you out."

He scoffed, running a hand through his hair. "Help? After everything you've done? You think I'd trust you?"

I shrugged, keeping my expression calm. "Trust isn't necessary, Acer. Just hear me out. I have some information that could be very valuable to you-information about Tirzo and Jennie."

His eyes widened slightly, and I could see the gears turning in his head. "What do you mean?"

I stepped closer, lowering my voice. "I know about their little rendezvous. The pictures, the meetings... everything. I could easily ruin both of them, but I'm not here to do that. I'm offering you a deal."

"A deal?" He narrowed his eyes, suspicion written all over his face.

I nodded, keeping my tone steady. "You let me help you get back at them. In return, I'll keep my mouth shut about everything I know. Think of me as your driver-your inside man. I can get you the information you need and help you keep tabs on Tirzo."

Acer hesitated, weighing his options. I could see the conflict in his eyes. He needed someone to navigate this mess, and I was offering myself on a silver platter.

"What's the catch?" he finally asked, suspicion still evident in his tone.

"No catch. Just consider me a resource. If you want to take Tirzo down, you'll need someone who knows the ins and outs. I'm your guy."

He stood there, contemplating my proposal, and I could see the wheels turning in his mind. It was only a matter of time before he'd realize that this was the best option available to him.

"Fine," he said finally, his voice steadying. "But if you try anything funny, I'll make sure you regret it."

I smirked, the thrill of the game igniting a fire within me. "Wouldn't dream of it, Acer. We're in this together now."

As we began to walk together, I could feel the power shifting. I had successfully positioned myself as an ally, and soon, I'd help him bring down Tirzo. This was only the beginning of my plans, and with Acer by my side-whether he knew it or not-I was set to claim my victory.

Acer's Pov

I stepped into the house, the familiar scent of polished wood and fresh linen wrapping around me like a comforting blanket. But today, that comfort felt distant. My mind was still racing with the meeting I had with Kingler and the plans we set into motion against Tirzo. I knew I had to act normal, to keep up appearances-especially with Jennie.