Cph.1: Their First Meeting and their Past

Third person pov:

6 years ago

It was a cloudy day, Giyuu Tomioka was walking towards the Flame Estate, for he had a mission with the Flame Pillar, Shinjuro Rengoku, but the man had failed to show up.

'Ever since his wife died that man has been lazy and has not been showing up to any of his missions or meetings,' The half and half boy thought, a calm yet undeniably annoyed expression in his face as he finally reached the Estate. How does he know the Flame Pillar's wife died? Oyakata-sama had told him and the rest of the hashira, asking them kindly to go easy on him, and who were they to deny their beloved master?

The Water Pillar quietly knocked on the door, composing himself as he expected an angry and drunk Rengoku to open the door, but instead, he was met with a mini version probably the same age as him, and another tiny one that looks about 8 years old.

"Uhm... Hi, are you like.... Rengoku-san's kids or something?" The quiet male asked, and to his displeasure the Rengoku copy answered him in the loudest voice possible, even louder than his best friend, the Sound Pillar, Tengen Uzui.

"Hello, My dear friend! Wait- No, not friend, we just met. My dear comrade then, because apparently we are both demon slayers! Do you mind raising your voice? I didn't hear a single thing you said!" Kyoujuro Rengoku shouted, and the little boy next to him had to cover his ears.

"Aniki, he asked if we were dad's kids, yes, we are, by the way, Mr.... Hashira, since your uniform buttons are gold," Senjuro Rengoku answered, a faint blush on his face as he addressed the oldest of them.

'Is my voice really that low?? Or am I just used to talking with Uzui, Kocho, Himejima-san and Oyakata-sama?? Or maybe Rengoku-san's child has hearing problems?? Maybe it's all three...' The black haired thought as he answered quietly and also forcefully.

"I'm the Water Pillar, Giyuu Tomioka, but you can just call me Giyuu if you like.... And what's your name?"

"What did you say!?"

Senjuro, who was still a bit red, answered for his brother, "Ah! I'm sorry about Aniki, he got hurt on a mission and his ear drums burst, but my name is Senjuro and my older brother is Kyoujuro, our last names are Rengoku, b-but you obviously know that! I'm sorry!"

Giyuu, who was almost chuckling from the youngest's cuteness, tried to keep his composure as he answered, "It's fine.... Though it's kind of my fault, I will try to raise my voice more..."

Kyoujuro was watching them with a smile on his face, though he could not hear half the conversation, he enjoyed seeing his brother interacting with someone other than himself. Meanwhile Senjuro, who realised that he had kept his older brother in the dark until then, turned his attention to him. "Aniki! I'm sorry, I'll catch you up. This person is the Water Pillar," Giyuu flinched, "Giyuu Tomioka, I assume he came here for father..." The younger voice saddened at the mention of their father, and it didn't go unnoticed by Giyuu.

Kyoujuro still kept a smile on his face, though he himself was scared to go to his father's room. "Well come in, Tomioka-san! I'll call father, you need him, right?" Kyoujuro asked, and Giyuu nodded, as his eyes narrowed when Kyoujuro turned around, noting that there was indeed something wrong.