Chp.5: Kyoujuro's first Hashira meeting

Third person pov:

Kyoujuro wore his new cape proudly, smiling at himself in the mirror as he admired his new uniform. The gold buttons of his uniform glistened in the sun light, and he just knew his mother was proud of him up there in heaven.

His crow cawed from the window, signalling that it was time for his first Hashira meeting. Senjuro was smiling at him when he got out, and he hugged his older brother tightly.

"Good luck Aniki, I wish you the best!"

Kyoujuro smiled back, and he couldn't help but feel nervous. It was his first meeting after all, and the master, the other Pillars, and most importantly, Giyuu, would be there.

"Thanks, Senjuro, I have to leave now or I'm going to be late!"

Senjuro waved at his older brother as he walked out of the estate, and decided to go make lunch for when he came back.

Head canon: Shinobu got her poisoning skills from Giyuu.

Meanwhile Kyoujuro was speed walking to the Ubuyashiki Mansion, nervous and exited at the same time.

When he arrived, he opened the gate of the Mansion, and admired the place he used to hear so much about from his father and Giyuu. The first thing he noticed was the other Hashira, already standing and chit-chatting with each other.

Kyoujuro suddenly felt embarrassed that he was last, but he was new, so it wasn't a problem.

The others finally noticed his presence, and he just knew the Wind Hashira was going to kill him for an unknown reason he didn't even know. The older was glaring at him as if he murdered his entire family, and he must  have done exactly that or something.

Head canon: Genya gets really embarrassed around Giyuu, Kyoujuro, Tanjiro and Muichiro because they look like girls to him. 

Sanemi was staring at him the same way Shinobu looked at him the day of Kanae's burial, and oh boy Kyoujuro knew he was fucked, he might be already considered dead.

Though when he laid eyes on his beloved Giyuu, all thoughts of death suddenly became brighter and not so bad.

'If the last thing I had to look at was Giyuu, then I would gladly welcome death with open arms.'

Giyuu waved, a simple and gentle smile on his face as he beckoned for the taller to come over. Tengen was both suspicious of Kyoujuro and excited to meet him, because from what he heard from Giyuu, him and Kyoujuro had the same personality, which they would so happily accept, since she wants someone to vibe with. 

But Tengen was also a very annoying and protective older sibling figure to Giyuu, so naturally, like any protective sibling who doesn't want their sibling, whether biological or figurative, to get hurt, he wasn't really keen on being co-workers with Kyoujuro.

Head canon: Mitsuri met Giyuu before Kyoujuro, and she mentioned she wanted to be a part of the Demon Slayer Corps, so Giyuu took her to Kyoujuro who happily took her as his Tsuguko.

"Hi Kyoujuro. I'm very happy you took your father's place, I'm sure you'll be an even greater Hashira than he was," the shorter of the two said, his tone gentle yet lacking a bit of emotion.