Chapter 20: Forever Is A Long, Long Time

This is technically a much later update since I was busy last month, but either way I hope you will enjoy this breather episode of EJ and Jeonghan celebrating their joint birthdays.

Disclaimer: I do not own 'High School Musical: The Musical: The Series' or Ten from "Weightless". Ten, Vernon, Joshua and Jeonghan belong to my friend @zealous_light. I only own my original characters. Enjoy the chapter.

— — — — — — — — — — — —

October 5th, 2019

This had been a smaller private event between the close-knit group of friends, before the larger birthday party at EJ's house tomorrow.

"Nothing says 'I'm getting over a heartbreak and pulling myself back together on my birthday' like going to a cat cafe." Ten declared in a cheery tone, getting out of EJ's car.

"Nobody says that." EJ deadpanned.

"C'mon, you know how much we like coming to pet cafes after exams."

"Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see the cats." Ashlyn was feeling giddy about coming to the cat cafe. "It's a shame they don't allow us to bring our cats in."

"Eh, probably for the better. Remember the time we brought our cats to the pet park: your cat Blanca climbed up a tree and stayed there the whole time, EJ's dog Kota kept chasing after the squirrel, and my cat Louis brought back a dead bird." Ten reminded.

"Eej!" Cress's voice called out from the other side of the parking lot.

"Happy birthday, you dork." Cress looped an arm around EJ's arm.

"Thanks, C." EJ returned the hug gladly.

"Happy birthday to the love of my life!" Cress exclaimed happily, rushing over to lift Jeonghan up like a princess.

"I can't believe it, 3 months they'd known each other and they're already at the affectionate stage of friendship. It took me 6 months before Cress even gave me a hi-5." eJ mumbled under his breath in disbelief.

"Hannie, are those new shoes?" Cress gushed.

"Those are the same ones she was wearing yesterday–" Vernon commented.

"Nonsense, these are a shade lighter!" She instantly placed a finger over Vernon's mouth to shush him.

"Never thought the day I'd become Jeonghan's third-wheel but here we are." Joshua joked.

"Here's to my birthday almost-twin and my brother from another mother, wouldn't know where I'd be without you." Jeonghan wrapped an arm around EJ's shoulder for a hug.

"We are not even joking, the nurses used to put our baby beds close to each other back in the hospital." EJ clarified.

"Now you know how I've felt since day one." Jeonghan's little sister Jisoo deadpanned by the side.

"Who's the thirdwheel?" a boy standing beside Jisoo asked.

"Mark! Dude, haven't seen you in a while." EJ exchanged a handshake with his cousin's friend.

"Happy birthday, you two!" Mark greeted the older teens with a grin.

"Anyways, Mark, Jisoo and I need to catch up on school gossip." Ashlyn looped her arms around Mark and Jisoo.

"Fine by me, enjoy yourselves." Jeonghan shrugged.

"So it's fine to leave Mark to accompany me when you get overprotective with other guys near me?" Jisoo spoke up. Her older brother was always protective of her around boys, Mark was one of the few that was in the Ok list. The first place goes to Phyrros but since Phy has chickenpox, Mark is the next best thing.