~Chapter Twelve~

Hey My Lovely Hearties💕,

---- Yeah I know you all missed Samyra and Riyan a lot sorry making you wait for so long....🙃

----So without wasting your time lets just start the chapter😁

--- 💜Happy Reading💜

°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•

•°•°•°•

It was beyond embarrassing. I could practically feel the heat creeping up my neck, painting my cheeks a mortifying shade of pink. Why, oh why, did I let my overthinking run wild again? I took a deep breath and mustered a small, sheepish smile, hoping it would somehow erase the awkwardness hanging between us.

Riyan's gaze softened as if he found my flustered state amusing. "I think we should head inside the mall now. It's already getting late," he said, his lips curling into a half-smirk.

I nodded quickly, a bit too eagerly, and scrambled out of the car, grateful to escape his scrutinizing stare. But as I stepped onto the pavement, uncertainty gripped me. "So... what's the plan?" I asked, trying to sound casual as I brushed imaginary dust off my jeans.

"First, we'll pick out an outfit for me," he said casually, shoving his hands into his pockets, "and then we'll find a gift for my cousin. Does that sound good?"

"An outfit for you?" I repeated incredulously, my brows furrowing. "But why? Don't you have enough clothes?"

He tilted his head, his expression mockingly serious. "What? You expect me to go in there without clothes?" he asked, his voice so deadpan that it took me a full second to process his words.

My eyes widened, and I nearly choked on thin air, coughing in surprise. But before I could form a response, he turned away and started walking towards the mall entrance, his shoulders shaking slightly as if he was trying to suppress a laugh.

"Riyan, you-!" I spluttered, but he didn't even bother looking back. "Come on, shorty! We don't have the whole day. Hurry up!" he called over his shoulder, his tone light and teasing.

I stood rooted to the spot, blinking in disbelief. What the hell? What's with the sudden attitude? Why does it feel like I'm the one dragging him along for shopping? Wait a second-he was the one who asked me to come! Shouldn't I be the one with the attitude here? Attitude, Sammy, attitude, I mentally chided myself, straightening my spine and squaring my shoulders. Show some sass!

Determined, I quickened my pace, stepping ahead of him with an exaggerated flourish. When I reached the entrance, I spun around dramatically and shot him a playful wink.