~Chapter Ten~

Hey Hearties💕,

-- Sorry for the late update but I was busy with some stuff.

-- So without wasting your time lets just start the chapter...

-- ❥Happy Reading❥

°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•

•°•°•°•

After an agonizing hour in traffic, my patience was shot. What should have been a 30-minute drive turned into a two-hour ordeal. Finally home, I discovered the elevator was broken, forcing me to take the stairs. Why does this always happen to me? Panting at the top, I regretted not joining the gym, as Gaurav suggested. Now, I needed to catch my breath before facing the hungry crowd waiting inside.

But wait, what's going on here? Is that Eshaan? Yes, it is. What's he doing in front of our apartment door? I need to ask him why he's hanging around here and what he wants.

I sneaked up behind Eshaan, who was leaning against the door, and whispered, "What's up, Jagga Jasoos?"

He jumped, startled, and exclaimed, "What the fu...!" We both got scared.

"Eshaan, you scared me," I laughed.

"Wait, I scared you? You scared me! Are you even human? Maybe a vampire or ghost?"

"Oh, you figured it out. By the way I'm the Grim Reaper. Got any last wish?" I teased sarcastically.

"Hey, sorry, I was just kidding. Don’t get offended, or he'll kill me for this."

"What? Who? Who will kill you?" I asked, but he ignored me and started to leave.

"By the way, what were you doing here? Need something? Why were you loitering in front of my door?"

"I... I was just..."

"Yes, you were just...?"

"Riyan."

"Where?" I asked, quickly fixing my hair, but there was no sign of Riyan. Not even his ghost.

Eshaan chuckled, "What happened, Samyra? Who were you expecting?"

"Riyan, who else," I mumbled.

"What?"

"No one."

"You were saying something about Riyan?"

"Riyan. I was waiting for his call."

"Here?"

"Yeah, network issue."

“Ohh!”

When his phone rang, I hoped it was Riyan, but no luck. “Hello,” he said, turning away. I leaned in, but was disappointed again—it wasn’t him. “Yes, Mr. Shrivastava, that’s a good idea. I’ll talk to the clients,” he said, glancing my way just as I turned away, feeling embarrassed.