3: Obstacle race

(in Japanese)

2 weeks passed in the blink of an eye.

Lovely sat in the waiting room with the rest of her classmates waiting for the sports festival to officially start.

She got little to no sleep having one of the fullest 2 weeks of her life. And her sleep was really important to her.

The poor girl had to prepare for the sports festival the same week as she had to film the music video with the rest of NewJeans for their recent single OMG.

And the dance honestly gave her a headache.
At least the theme of the music video went perfectly with how she was feeling at the time.

Suddenly Her thoughts were interrupted by Lida's loud presence.
''Everyone, are you ready?we will be entering soon!''
Then followed by Todoroki's unnecessary declaration of war.

The class then headed down to the stadium and heard Mics loud bias commentary.

All the first years of U.A. grouped in the middle of the stage for the player pledge which was the one and only Katsuki Bakugo.

''What? It's Kacchan?! ''
Midorya said eyes wide.

'' That guy did finish first in the entrance exam. ''
Sero replied.

''I just wanna say that...I'm gonna win. ''
Bakugo spoke into the microphone making everyone boo.

Midnight made everyone shut up so she could randomly pick a game which was an obstacle race. She explained the game and rules and let everyone go to the starting point.

Everyone watched in anticipation as they waited for the 3 green lights to disappear to indicate the start of the race.
''START! ''

Everyone ran into the cramped tunnel pushing anyone in their way. Todoroki froze the ground but thankfully she was able to doge it by jumping just in time. She got through with some of her other classmates. Lovely walked on the ice slowly making sure not to slip until eventually the ice melted. She caught up to her class.

Some huge robots suddenly appeared and everyone seemed really surprised. Apparently U.A used them in the practical test.

But then Shoto decided to show off again and said something like ''I wished they prepared something more difficult blah blah blah I hate my dad blah blah".

But honestly didn't care since he cleared up a path. She quickly followed after making sure the robots didn't have time to fall. She was currently in 2nd place which obviously annoyed todoroki.

''Thanks for clearing up a path even if it only was for 5 seconds! If i didn't notice earlier i would've totally been crushed ''
Lovely said and chuckled slightly.

Todoroki just grunted in response as they continued the course.

Eventually they came to what Mic called 'the fall' . It was kinda scary since you couldn't see the bottom, it was completely dark. She took her time to get across the ropes since she didn't want to get top 10 anyways.

When she got across it she found herself in 13th place.
'i think this is a reasonable spot...'

She continued at a quick enough pace to keep her spot and not let anyone get in front of her, occasionally using her quirk. She went up some stairs and found herself at a minefield.

Lovely looked behind her and saw shoji who was having no problems thanks to his dupli-arms ,Ururaka making herself float to get across easily, Sato who was struggling and Midoriya who was for some reason digging.

Since she didn't want them to get in front of her so she used her quirk at 0.5 speed to take her time while still hopefully keeping her spot.

Suddenly She felt rumbling, a much stronger explosion than all the others, Next thing she knew Midoriya was flying over her and took the lead.
'14th now...not too bad though.'

Lovely caught up using Todorokis ice path, and cleared the mine field, then she heard Mic speak into the microphone.
''ERASER HEAD YOUR STUDENTS, ARE AMAZING! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TEACHING THEM?! ''

Aizawa answered calmly.
'' This has nothing to do with me,each of them is powered by their own drive to succeed. ''

''THERE YOU HAVE IT ERASER HEAD IS A TERRIBLE TEACHER! ''

'WHAT THE HECK MIC'
She couldn't help but laugh. but that caused her guard to drop a bit and was in 15th now.

She passed the finish line and Ururaka and Sato followed. She went to Midoriya since he got first and he was the only person she knew better in class since when they were asking her questions he was the one asking the most.

''Deku! You were amazing!''
Ururaka said happily chanting about how she was jealous of him, making him blush.

'...I ship...'
She thought trying to hide her obvious smile.

''The first game of the first-year stage is finally over!''
Midnight showed the results on a big screen , she was in 15th.

''the top 42 made it through the next round. It's unfortunate but don't worry even if you didn't make it! We've prepared other chances for you to shine. The real competition begins next! The press cavalry'll be all over it! Give it your all!...''
She licked her lips before the screen showed what the next game was gonna be, turns out it was a Cavalry battle.

She explained the rules and how to play, even some of the students explained a bit before she got mad telling them to let her explain. She said that each person was worth a certain amount of points based on what they ranked in the last game. She was worth 150 points, and midoriya... 10 000 000.
'Thank goodness I stayed behind'

She looked around her to find her friend to hopefully team up. She eventually found her.
''Koko team up with me-!''

''I lost on pur-pose, this whole thing seems useless. I'..d rather watch it... Do you think they would let me go to the 3rd year st-stage to see Amajiki?''

'oh I was looking forward to teaming up with koko...but she's right, it's kinda useless, especially for the other courses'
''i don't know why they wouldn't want you too... ''

Lovely put her hand out for a high five.
''So go for it! Just make sure to meet me at lunch break Kay?''

Kokoro high-fived her hand quietly before leaving.
''...Okay...''

Lovely felt the presence of someone behind her, making her turn around. She saw a boy with purple hair smiling weirdly.
''team up with me''

''...Sorry, who are yo-''