Chapter 17: Nearing the war

"We're back everyone!!!"  Serena says to everyone.  "And we managed to recover all the remaining emblems too!  We also got ourselves a new ally!!"

As the group from the monastery gathered around for their next move, they asked them what had happened the group explained their tale.

"To think his highness ended up like those corrupted..."  Dedue says looking down with his arms crossed.  "I couldn't bear that slightest thought." 

"Has Veyle, Rafal, and the rest arrived yet?"  Nel asks.

"Not yet."  Emblem Marth says.  "They're probably still on their way here."

"That reminds me," Alear started.  "He then took out the neckclace and called out to Tiki.  "Hey, I'm sure someone would like to talk to you."

Then, Emblem Tiki from Awakening then appeared with a little shock on her face as she comes face-to-face with her best friend from thousands of years ago.

"Mar-Mar...?"

"Tiki?"  Emblem Marth says with his eyes widening.  "Is that you?"  He then smiled.  "It's probably been a very long time since we've talked to you.  How have you been?"

"I've been doing alright.  I'm...  glad to see you again."

There was an awkward silence.  This was VERRY bittersweet.  In A!Tiki's timeline, Marth was already long dead, it must be very somber for her right now.

Suddenly, the doors burst open!

"Ellie!!  How many times do I have to tell you not to-."  Before Serena could finish, her eyes widened with horror.

"Get Kara!  Hurry!"

Everyone started panicking, and Kara quickly went forward.  What was everyone looking at?  Why Ellie holding on to Ein's bleeding body.

"W-what happened?!"  Alear asks, terrified.

"We-we got attacked earlier..."

A FEW MOMENTS EARLIER

As everyone was heading back, Rafal noticed that they were being watched and threw a dagger.

The figure dogged and jumped into another tree and shot an arrow at Felix.  Luckily it shot him at the shoulder, so he'll be fine.  But the figure jumped on their Wyverian shot so many lightning speed sharp arrows.

Felix didn't have enough time to doge.  Everyone wasn't fast enough to reach him in time.  But not for Ein...

Ein lunged forward and took the hit very hard!

"AAAAARGHH!!"

"Ein!!!"  Ellie panicks as she came closer.  She was upset at herself for running out of  white magic manna.

"Brother!!"  Laura panicks.  She got angry and tried to shoot a javeline at the attacker.    But the attacker vanished.

"You idiot!"  Laura scolds him.  "Why did you have to do that?!"

"I...  I may not be a knight but..."  He slightly coughed off blood.  "But I cannot allow myself to witness another death after Rai-..." He then collapsed.  They were lucky enough to be close to the monastary.

FLASHBACK ENDS

"He'll be fine..."  Kara says panting.  He just needs a looong rest.

"Who attacked you?  A corrupted?"  Dimitri asks.

"Very likely."  Byleth reveals.

"It could be Claude..."  Hilda concludes, sounding worried.

"Not possible."  Kaya states, sounding a bit optimistic.  "I know this because I saw that old evil dragon turn my father and mother into a corrupted..."

"And?"  They all asked.

"I killed them both?"  She says it a bit too calmly.

Everyone looked dumbfounded.

"Mom was hard to beat, but dad was super annoying yet easy to beat.  I'm not sure if he was broken or something, but every time one of us got beaten up by him, he always said "that's the Golden Deer for ya!"  And just kept on tormenting us.  Eventually the line broke and I beat him to the pulp and he said, "thanks for killing me" and vanished for good long story short."

Everyone just anime style fainted at this point.

"I can't believe she did me dirty!"  Emblem Claude says.

"Did you not always say that, Claude?"  Emblem Edelgard says face palming.

Suddenly, someone appeared, it was the attacker!

"Its you!"  Sylvain says as he and everyone raised their weapons.  "What are you doing here!?"

"I came here to relay a message."  They say.  "Lady Veyle says that if you don't hand over the rings, braclets, and necklaces, she will execute Framme, Timerra, Sheya, Tricia, and Thrasir, a.k.a, Fallen Princess Veronica."

"What?!"  Alear was horrified.

"Framme!"  Clanne panics.

"Y-you wouldn't dare hurt my sister!"  Fogado says with disbelief.

"You- you can't kill a Hero!"  Lif says, looking furious.  "The contract-"

"She bends the rules.  Go to her headquarters if you want to say your answer."

Before the hooded figure left, Laura got angry and let her emotions run wild.  She ran up to to the mystery person/corrupted and grabbed the cloak off.  And their identity left specific people shocked and horrified.

"You!?"

TO BE CONTINUED